I am about to go to a new pc from my pc with a pee 965 overclocked to 4.2Ghz, 2 gigs of ram, scsi card w/ 2 78gb hd in raid-0, and a 7900gtx. I hate the processor( too hott and the new ones are 10 times better.) This is the new computer. 8 gb of ram for the future, qx6850, 2 8800 ultra, asus striker extreme, 2 wd 150gb raptors, and koolance liquid cooling.and has anyone put a liquid cooling block on the chipset of the striker extreme and still fit an 8800 on it.Give me your opinions and comments because this is my dream computer.

Oh the case, wireless, and opticals do not matter they are coming from the old computer. The case is a full tower thermaltake armour series, the wireless is d-link, and the opticals are 2 lite-on dvd burners.

Sorry one more thing. I have a 700 watt psu do any of you think I should get a 1000w or a 1200w for future use.

Guest wayupthere

Hello Steven,Fitting liquid cooling will be fine.. BUT..Firstly, I'm just curious, Do you want this build also to be pretty solid for the future?. or are you just into doing it now.Secondly, what is this build for?, primarily for FS or also for whatever other gaming?.Thirdly, why do you want the 8800 Ultra? Just because it sounds, and looks cool?Fourthly what OS, what resolutions are you going to run?Regards,

Well it will be for mainly high performance gaming in general including fs. This build for the future and now. The way I figure it to be is that the 2 graphics cards are way to powerful for now, but what about in 2 years or even next year. I want the 8800 ultra because for one thing money is not an issue and also they are very fast the texture fill rate is 39.2 billion a sec and the bandwith is also very very high (108 20 higher than the gtx) and the gts or the 8800gt would not be for me because I am coming from a 7900gtx and those are still pretty fast. I have just been impressed with this card. The Os will be Vista 32 at one later 2 20' viewsonic widescreens at 1650 1050.

Also on the subject of operating systems I do not really want to upgrade to Vista until those drivers are set so it will be windows xp pro

Guest wayupthere

Even with money not an issue, I would think very hard about spending that much on a GPU right now, since the Ultra is a DX10.0 GPU and will NOT be able to take full advantage of the DX10.1 content in the near future. Would seen to me be a waste of money not being able to fully run future things, after spending that much.As to the OS I'm confused, you say that the OS will be Vista32, yet on your second post you say you don't want to upgrade to Vista and will stick with XP.???? Which is it going to be?As to your RAM, your saying your going to get 8GB, well if your not getting a 64Bit OS, Thats a waste, because a simple 32Bit will not address that much.My advice to you, do some research first (I'm not saying you didn't),be familiar with what works, and what doesn't, because quite a number of things in your post do not match up....

my only problem with 64 bit software is compatability issues. Well I had changed my mind on the OS, but it will eventually be Vista probably 64 bit. The reason it is 8gb is because when I buy the memory now I do not want to risk not finding it later on.

Guest wayupthere

Well what you have mentioned hardware-wise, will work fine on Vista64.Software wise (and your own specific hardware peripherals) will mostly be supported, but you need to go trough your own list of widely used programs/hardware to 100% determine if they are. And I see your point regarding your RAM.The system you put together, is fine and will be a good "NOW" system.Futurewise its not realy, regarding nextgen CPU, your motherboard will support it, But RAM will be replaced later on by DDR3 (not supported on your mobo), Your Ultra, will be limited to DX10.0 ONLY.Other than that, if you feel comfortable with all the above.. then have fun with your new purchase and build.

Well I decided to see what the G92 cards will do and I will wait, but as soon as Nvidia comes out with a mobo that has ddr3 I will look into it and probably buy it. Thank you for your advice. I have one more question does fs work with all of the major addons like pmdg, lvld, active sky, etc.

Guest wayupthere

>>>I have one more question does fs work with all of the major add-ons like pmdg, lvld, active sky, etc.Ehh.. I'm assuming you mean if a 64bit OS works fine with add-ons? Then yes, you should not have any issues running them, and those add-ons that have had issues, many of them have been patched up. The safest thing you can do, just to verify is to visit each forum section and read the Faq's regarding 64bit.

And how about for everyday computing will the 64 do good. One more thing do you think they will patch up the g80 series because the g92s from what I hear will be mainstream and not high end

Guest wayupthere

For everyday 64bit is fine, if not better in some aspects.Patch the G80 GPU architecture? If you are referring to patching a DX10.0 GPU to DX10.1. Not going to happen.Computex, reports are that the 9800GTX (G92) will/should be more than two times faster than a 8800 Ultra in games and supported applications.So even if the G92 will be stamped as Mainstream, it should still sweep the floor with the 8800Ultra, seeing how the Ultra is basically nothing more than a glorified, overclocked GTX thats printed on a slightly optimized PCB and holds a "tweaked" Core in order to lower power consumption. I'd be more than happy with a "Mainstream" card like that.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Steven, is money is no concern, IMHO, keep what you have and get a 8800/640MB + 2x2GB if you want to stay DX9 and want immediate improvement or the same with a 2900pro if you want to go DX10 Preview. Then wait until AMD's Barcelona and DX10.1 GPUs hit the shops and go DDR3 and the lot then. Like Davis said, more would be overkill. Kind regards Jaap Edit, sorry, Davissan, didn't see you posted.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Jaap..Morning/afternoon...something lol..Good to see you posting again, things calming down already regarding "IT" on your end?..Take care,