Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

ATI X850XT AGP . . . replace options . . .

I am still a ways off before I get rid of my AGP MB. Are there any cards out there that would perform better than my X850XT 256MB AGP ?I am not unhappy...just trying to see if I still have any options...Looked at the HD2600XT 256 and 512 AGP...will I notice any difference ?Will I see a difference with an X1950XT ?I am not ruling Nvidia either. If I can notice an improvement I will go for one.P D950 o/c at 3.56 Ghz3 GB PC3200XP SP2Thanks for any opinions

Guest baksteen33

Hi, what would you like to achieve, DX9 only? Screen res please? :-) Kind regards Jaap

Guest baksteen33

Hi, thanks. Unfortunately, it's still not clear what you want to achieve. For what kind of software, Acrobat Reader? :-) Cheers and Kind regards Jaap

Guest baksteen33

IMHO, maybe an IQ improvement, hardly a notable perf increase. Kind regards Jaap

>IMHO, maybe an IQ improvement, hardly a notable perf>increase. >ThanksKinda thought so. Anybody else folks ?

Had one myself and was looking at ATI1950Pro 512meg agp. I believe you would see a definite difference. If you make a move, go for it now, the AGP video cards do not abound.Pierre

Pierre

>Had one myself and was looking at ATI1950Pro 512meg agp. I>believe you would see a definite difference. If you make a>move, go for it now, the AGP video cards do not abound.>PierreHi Pierre,did you actually go for the upgrade ? What CPU and memory config do you have ?Thanks

I finally upgraded but to a different configuration. I upgraded the whole PC because I was able to sell my old one.I now have Intel E6850 2core running stock speed 3.0ghz, 2gig ram 800, eVGA 8800GTS640 on Asus P5N32E-SLI and Corsair PS 650watt in Thermaltake 832 black.note: initially though I was going for the 1950Pro512meg agp card.Pierre

Pierre