Sign in to follow this  
brucek

X38 Chipset Question

Thanks Davis :)Did you remove the CrazyCool on the back of the mobo, or are you running the stock cooler? Any issues with any of that?Thanks, Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,Yeah removed it, not running Stock cooler, running sub-zero cooling ;)And its the same as pretty much any mobo's backplate, comes off easy.Regards,

So how does the back of the board get cooled- does your cooling also have a plate that covers that part of the back of the board?Thanks, Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,Yeah it comes with its own backplate. Im not concerned about heat since the CPU cools down to 5F/-15c.Regards,

Hi Davis,The GA-X38T-DQ6 motherboard- does it support DDR2 memory? Looking at the product at the GB site it only mentions DDR3 memory. I am finding the DDR3 product way too pricey at this time, although I'm sure that will change. If it does support DDR2, what stick would you suggest?Thanks- Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,No that one is purely made for DDR2. If you want a good one, get mine works very good haven't had a single issue, and its been through some punishment ;)Regards,

Thanks Davis.I notice that DDR3 has high latency (CL is 7 on DDR3 PC3-8500). Do you think that this will improve once the product gets mature?I'm actually wondering if getting the DDR2 product with a CL of 5 might be better, then re-thinking the upgrading a year from now to DDR3.Thanks, Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,It will, anyway replied to your other post regarding this.Regards,♠

Thanks Davis, off to read your reply to my other post :)Bruce.