Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krytan44

New PC - Question?

Guest Krytan44

Hi guys, im recently returning to flight sim and i will be getting a new pc soon, just wondering if u guys who are in the know could tell me how the system below would run 2004?im into all games but i think if this system could run FS04 well it could run mst things well, oh and FSX as well if u know... just incas ei get that.cheersRoyProcessorIntel

Guest wayupthere

Hello Krytan,Im not really fond of going the way of PRE-Build, problem would be upgrading down the road, amongst many others Dell is renown for using proprietary parts, meaning for example if down the road you want to upgrade a PSU, you might or might not be able to use one from a local computer store, due to "strange" Dell-connectors.Perhaps opt for a "do-it-yourself" build?If your not capable to do so,That system will run FS9 just fine, just a few things.If you do get 4GB of RAM, be sure that the Vista version you get is the 64bit version.That Dell 24 monitor, is a widescreen monitor, negative effect in FS9 is, that 2D panels will be stretched, meaning your gauges won't look round and be more oval. Now again thats ONLY in 2D, VC is fine. So if you mainly fly 2D, keep that in mind.That GTX graphics card, for one single screen is IMHO overkill, save some cash and a GT or GTS will do more than fine. (That said it is a DX10 card, with the upcoming DX10.1, it might do you some good if you search online a bit and determine if you really want to upgrade right now, or hold off for just a bit longer.)Last thing, personally, I'd stay away from McAfee, its pretty much just as bloated as the Norton stuff, a uses up quite alot of resources.See if you can get something like NOD32 or AVG. Those are light on the resources on your system, and still do a very good job.btw, welcome to the forums.Regards,