Hello Folks,As always for my Hardware related problems I turn to you guys, as the advice I've had so far has been top notch.Situation is:Got a new PC a couple of months ago (E6600 OC, BFG 8800Ultra, 4Gigs RAM, n860i SLI etc etc) and I've still got my "old" Dell 15Inch monitor. Seeing as X-Mas is only a stone throw away and there seem to be some nice discounts I thought it would be a good time to take the leap for a new monitor.So far my preference has gone to the Samsung 22Inch 226BW, yes it is WideScreen but I use mostly VC + my other monitor could be used for the instruments.What do you guys think of this monitor? I like it because for 270Euros it seems a good price.I'm willing to go up to around 400Euros for this monitor, if neccesary. Advice is really appreciated!Cheers,

Guest wayupthere

Hey Oliver,For 270 thats a good deal for that screen. Very good quality, (we use some over at the recording studio here) the only downside is that its not vertical adjustable (can't adjust the stand-height). Again other than that its a superb screen, paired with your 8800 will give you a great experience.Regards,

Guest wayupthere

Hey Jaap,Well known issue, but Samsung seems to have solved that spot on their record, unlikely you'll find the older "messed up" ones anymore (at least if you buy new now).but good point, if your unlucky enough. Better be safe than sorry I guess ;)Regards,PS. You a 100% again Jaap?

Thanks (as always) for the great advice!Should I go ahead with the purchase of the 226BW I will ask to look in the box and see on the back the code. I'll certainly come back with the results of my purchase.Cheers!

Guest baksteen33

Hi Oliver, well, taking Davis' advanced knowledge into account, it definitely looks like a steal. Personally, I prefer S-PVS panels over TN. Unfortunately, you won't find such panels for such bargain prices. Have fun! :-) Kind regards Jaap

Guest wayupthere

Hey Jaap,Yeah im more into the S-PVA and S-IPS displays, but this Samsung TN panel holds its own easily mostly due to its fast response time and is definitely a good screen for gaming.Regards,

Hi Oliver,I am not sure about the prices of monitors in europe, but here in Australia the prices have come-down somewhat.You mentioned that you are willing to go as high as "400-Euro's".I would have thought that you could get a "bigger" monitor for that price.For $750 AUD I can get a 27" from Viewsonic.http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddispl...eries/vx2835wm/Regards,Ralf..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

>Hi Oliver,>>I am not sure about the prices of monitors in europe, but here>in Australia the prices have come-down somewhat.>>You mentioned that you are willing to go as high as>"400-Euro's".>>I would have thought that you could get a "bigger" monitor for>that price.>>For $750 AUD I can get a 27" from Viewsonic.>>http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddispl...eries/vx2835wm/>>Regards,>>Ralf..Hello Ralf,Thanks for your reply. I just checked prices online for that monitor, and here it costs over 900 Euros. Other problem is that because larger monitors often have dead pixels ideally I get a monitor which can easily be replaced from a nearby shop.Those ViewSonics sure do look good though :(.Cheers