Sign in to follow this  
maverickr

Guys, check before upload...

HiBashing freeware is childish and inexcuseable in my opinion as these folks are giving from their hearts and love of the hobby and costs nothing save the time it took to download.Payware on the other hand is a completely different matter as we pay them to get it right and it is buisness and nothing more.There is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion and or warning fellow simmers about shoddy payware and poor support practices by payware developer`s as this is a matter of money that some simmers just don`t have enough of to support bad payware.By the way I just want to thank the freeware guys for everything they have done to advance the hobby and it is appreciated very much.Ron

Why do I have a feeling that the original poster is one who will spend time bashing those who upload patches and raise merry hell about those who've not uploaded a patch within 14 nanoseconds of his discovery of some minor glitch? Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

>Freeware authors... >>Please ignore such comments made by individuals like >Jean-Claude, and go about doing what you all do >best...providing us with things that enhance FS which some >of us can't do ourselves. And thank you for doing so. >Personally, I have downloaded a number of things, FOR FREE, >that have just blown me away due to the quality of them. >Know that there are many that appreciate it, far more than >those that complain about irrelevant issues. Hear hear! I agree with the above. There are always going to be some clowns out there who think that "Free software" is their right, and not something to be gratefull for. :-roll

HI All,Sorry for the capital letters in the subject of my reply, but I want to say it loud and clear. Shout it from the rooftops and let the FS2002 addon developers know that their efforts are definately appreciated. I have downloaded many freeware files of scenery and aircraft, which must have taken a great amount of hours to develope. They cost me nothing thanks to the generosity of the developers. I usually send e-mail messages to let individual developers know that I enjoy their work.Fs2002 wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the tireless work of those in our community who donate their time and effort to out hobby.Once again: MANY THANKS TO ALL FS2002 addon DEVELOPERS!Howard

I too have adopted a new release schedule. When you see it, download it! LOL! Don

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO !!!!!!!Everytime I download an airplane, a scenery, a utility, etc., I am always amazed at the quality of the work of our addon developers and appreciate the time and effort that goes on behind the scenes. And it's all FREE. I do occasionally purchase a commercial addon (FS2002) and their work is also appreciated. So, to all developers, keep up the good work. It doesn't take to much to keep me happy.Mike