Sign in to follow this  
Guest dfoulk

Saitek Pro Yoke question

Guest dfoulk

Have a question for anybody that has the new Saitek Yoke.How many inches of travel do you have on the pitch axis each way? In other words, from the neutral position, how many inches does the post go forward to the stop, and from the neutral position, how many inches does it pull back to the stop position. I have a VMax yoke, which has about 2 1/4 inches each way on the pitch, but want to know if the Saitek has more. Also, is the yoke really sturdy and precise feeling? Thanks a million!DFen Foulk

"I know I bought it back in October, and since, I wouldn't put a finger again on the yoke. Returned it, got it refunded and never looked back."Out of interest, what did you dislike about it? I've only heard good things about it so far so I'd be interested to hear about it's failings.Geoff

This first run of production yokes were plagued with problems. The biggest hitter was random key presses being sent. Nothing like being on short final in a 747 and have your gear start to retract all on its own.:-eek For me, it was pretty much useless. It took forever to get a replacement unit but finally have it and not looking back now. I find it to be a much sturdier unit than the CH as far as construction goes. Also is nice to have the throttle detent switch set up as a reverse thrust.For now, have all of my programming through the FS assignments with no need as of yet to assign through FSUIPC. May install the software that comes with it at some point to be able to use the mode programming.I can certainly relate to the negative feelings. When my first yoke started to act up, I was pretty disgusted. Since I mail ordered mine, didn't feel like paying to send it back just to risk getting another lemon.

>Out of interest, what did you dislike about it? I've only>heard good things about it so far so I'd be interested to hear>about it's failings.Apart from the fact that even today people reporting failings of new yokes on the Saitek forum,1) Random key presses, and not only once, but on approach continuously, changing views for example, gear coming out before I press it etc...2) Throttle quad had one broken axe - when it was in the detent, reverser would activate, without pressing the axe downwards3) It had quite a lot of free-ride in the middle of the aileron axe4) Sticky elevator axeI guess that sums it up.