Sign in to follow this  
Guest IGoDwnTwn

Looking to build a powerfull system (AMD)

Guest IGoDwnTwn

Greetings...Looking to build a plenty fast system. Fastest AMD chipFastest m-board...MSI..ASUS preferedFastest or reliable memory -- about 3gigFastest graphics card..prefer Gforce seriesBest and fasted flat screen monitor...21inch or largerLooking to spend about 2 grandSuggestions???IGOThe rest I have..net card...Drives

Guest baksteen33

Apart from what Greg mentioned, best would be if you defined your type of simming. More VFR or IFR and dense regions? This is important. Important too, when conceiving a new box, it's mainly going to drive a particular display config. Apart from above mentioned differentiation, ideally, you start by defining the way you want to look at the FS. Resolution matters. The lesser the resolution, the cheaper potentially the machine. Maybe another tip if there isn't already a separate budget? Reserve ca 10% for software for that way cool new FlyTendo. ;-) Hope this adds to thoughts, kind regards Jaap

Guest IGoDwnTwn

Ok Guys....did the dive!!!This is what I got today:ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe 790FX chipset MB (AM2+ Socket)AMD Phenom 64/9500 2.2Ghz Quad-CoreGeFroce 8800GT 512MB DDR3Corsair XMS2-6400 1024X2 (2Gigs) memoryConnect X 500Watt Power Supply (+12 = 28A)Keeping my HDS 180gigs x 2 and investigating about getting a flat screen display. I presently have a 19" Viewsonic. Any suggestions for a good flat screen?....i was told that FS9 won't look good with a widescreen.What ya think???IGO

Guest IGoDwnTwn

What runway is that one taking off from???....LOLIGO

Guest RichardL

Reminded me of a hovercraft.

Guest IGoDwnTwn

Got everything up and running. All is can say is wow!!..Nothing less than 75 on the framerate on FS9. Probably will install FSX in a few days. I've had that since it first came out but my old system could not handle it. Still looking for a great flatscreen monitor to go with this new system. Any suggestions???IGO

Guest jourdog

Your system will only hanfle fsx on medium to low. if you want to see what runs fsx at max look at my rig in my siggnaturejourdog

Guest baksteen33

Hi Jourdog, LOL, what, you only have 4GB RAM?!? :-) Impressive numbers nevertheless, bet you're a happy camper. I'd l

Guest jourdog

Yeh i didnt want to go past 4GB for 2 reasons. One because it wont really help in FSX and 2 because i don't want to risk using a 64-bit OS becuase it might stuff FSX up etc. I run XP Pro SP2 32-Bit because DX10 has less performance no difference in visual quality and i dont want all of my addons getting stuffed up by installing SP2.Jourdog!

Guest wayupthere

FWIW... you didnt want to go past 4GB?Right now since your using 32-bit XP.. your not even fully using your 4GB, your even wasting some because your system is addressing it in keeping it to itself, you know the routine how Windows does its memory mapping/allocation.There is really no disadvantage in running a 64bit OS. The benefit you DO get is actually using all your 4GB accordingly.Oh and to "DX10 has less performance"Thats a discussion point, some insight,since DX10 itself does NOT create "performance". DX10 is an API with build in limitations, its performance gains/losses are determined by its underlying hardware platform.And the fact without going into detail, that its created with DRM regulation in mind. That amongst other things whats somewhat "hampering" it..but by looking at your system, you should have no issues whether going to run the DX9 or DX10 path.My rig: 8GB+Vista64 Ultimate+DX10.1 = NO stuffing issues hereActually better performance then my old QX6850+4GB+Vista64Just my 2 Yen on this,Regards,Davis