Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Just ordered my new system

I'm pretty excited about taking delivery of all the parts and getting it put together!Case - Antec Nine HundredMotherboard - MSI K9A2 Platinum (790FX Chipset)CPU - Athlon 64 X2 6400+Memory - 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066 (Will go up to 4GB if this memory turns out to be good)Video Card - BFG G.F. 8800GTS 512MBHard Drive - WD Raptor 150GBSaitek PZ35 & PZ44 (Yoke/Throttle set, and Rudder Pedals)Other misc items too... like a 6-fan controller module, hard drive cooler, etcAll running on Windows Vista

Looks like a nice system, but if your planning on running FSX, I think you would be happier with a Intel C2d Dual or quad system. As well as Windows XP. (Although with Vista SP1 coming it should make it no longer an issue as far as performance is concerned.) If your running FS9 you should have no problem.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest wayupthere

Hey Todd,Looks like a fair balanced system. Don't forget 4GB = Vista64.As to AMD vs. Intel.. I too would have gone Intel for now BUT..>>>but if your planning on running FSX, I think you would be happier with a Intel C2D Dual or quad systemWhilst Intel is still reigning king, this 6400+ your getting is it the Black Edition? In any case you'll be OK running FSX or FS9 for that matter.Its not as fast as the current Intel's, but its no snail either, with this one roughly equaling to the standard performance of an E6750A friend of mine is running FSX+Vista on the Black Edition and he's happy with it (despite the issues FSX has on Vista ATM). With some tweaking / OCing, I doubt you would be disappointed either.Have fun with your new setup.Regards,

Guest baksteen33

Hi guys, If and FWIW, I would change that to 2x2GB already. Reason, you can't plug another 2x1GB without loosing system speed if you want to add later. It's max 3GB 'only' at max FSB speeds if you go down this path (AMD64 CPUs have inbuilt memory controllers and limitations). Even if a OS and 'it' doesn't use all 4, it's a good idea to have more than 2GB for FSX. Have fun! Kind regards Jaap @ Davissan, hope your doing well. I'll send you an email ASAP - crazy weeks lately... ;-)