Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Asus PC Probe II Temps

Guest RichardL

How accurate does Asus PC Probe II report cpu and motherboard temps?No matter what I throw at my system, I cannot get the cpu or mb temps above 85 degrees F. Not C, but F.Not complaining if PC Probe is accurate, I just need to know if the reading I see are correct.Using Asus P5E mother boardIntel Q6600 OC to 3.01ghzZalman 9700 cpu coolerAntec 900 case (with the huge fan on top)Thanks

It's not the ProbeII, its the Mainboard sensors. Any program will show the same temperatures if you use it with the same sensors.I found that they are pretty much accurate, especially CPU. Tested it up to 75C and it was pretty much accurate, since it crashed usually around 75C (max temp back then for P4).

Guest RichardL

Thank you for the reply.You're saying I shouldn't be concerned with the cpu temp not exceeding 85 degrees Fahrenheit on air cooling with FSX? I was concerned the mb sensors might not be giving accurate temps to PC Probe.Richard

Guest Scratch1964

85'F is a little below average for an Asus motherboard. Many folks say Asus boards run hotter than that of the competition. Out of interest what happens if you remove the Zalman cooler? Perhaps the cooler is doing such an efficient job of keeping the CPU cool, even when under load that it does, in effect, allow the CPU to communicate with the Mobo bus as if it were at idle. Thus, as you mention, the temp does not increase even under load. What about other cooling and temps in your rig, i.e. GPU, HDD, fans etc? Is it just the mobo that runs cool or is the whole thing running very cool too?85'F is under human body temp so one can gain a better idea of temp under load by removing the side panel and feeling the air inside the case. You should be able to notice the cool air on your hand if it genuinely runs at only 29'C - 30'C.If it is an accurate reading then you obviously have a great coling set up there. Makes me think I ought to invest in a Zalman cooler for my set up.Scratch1964