Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jpanford

Quard core or Dual Core for FSX

Guest Jpanford

Thanks Davis, I'm using a water cooling kit so I'm not worry about the fan issue. It's funny but I read great reviews about the G.Skill memory. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the micron version from Newegg or anywhere else. Thanks for the link...I rely wanted an Intel chipset like the X38 or X48 but no SLI support which sucks. I have actually got a pair of 8800 GTS 512 because newegg put them on sale a day after I ordered the 8800GT, so i'm returning the 8800GT and it only cost $30.00 extra, before u ask i will be uing H2O on the GPU's. Thank again for the info Davis...Joe

Guest jourdog

hey wayupthere, i just noticed your signature but before that i thought you had a mediocre one! 5.2GHz eh? People are getting closer and closer to my 5.7GHz clock. lol. I have to ask: Is there any FPS Difference or fsx failures by upgrading to 64-bit? And is there any FPS Boost by upgrading to 8GB? Finaaly is it harder to overclock with 8GB?Jourdog.

Guest jourdog

I bet you run FSX at almost max apart from the unknown resolution of a 58". lol. its probably like 5470x3410! LOL. I see you have 2 HD3870X2s do they help with your frame rates? And do you run at max settings?Jourdog!

Guest wayupthere

>>i thought you had a mediocre one!Ehh what?...just because its 5.2 now doesn't mean its passed it (you) already,I run all my systems 24/7 and this machine that time was on LN, so 6Ghz isn't my need atm since now back on Phase.>>People are getting closer and closer to my 5.7GHzNot closer, more like passed..>>Is there any FPS Difference or fsx failures by upgrading to 64-bit?No better, no worse than 32bit. Performance is better since more RAM being able to be utilized to cache textures, resulting in lowered wait times when loading big textures.>>Finaaly is it harder to overclock with 8GBNo it isnt, at least not for me.. just need to know how to use timings and get the "right" modules.>>the unknown resolution of a 58"1920x1080 its a 1080p Plasma>>I see you have 2 HD3870X2s do they help with your frame rates? And do you run at max settings?Still benchmarking at max res, since I barely installed them.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Joe,Ohh yeah read past the WC part, or my brain stops functioning at times lately lol, likely the latter.. so yeah you'll be fine..Well G.Skills are good quality dimms, just some tend to not "like" the 780i for some users, hope you don't have any issues.Have fun with the Overclocking, would love to hear your achievements :)Regards,Davis T.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Igo, second what Davis says, have fun! :-) I'm totally interested to hear what you liked about the upgrade and what your impressions are! And what did you upgrade from? Cheers and kind regards Jaap

Guest jourdog

hey way up there, i meant people who play flight sim are getting closer to my clock. I know that people have surpassed my clock but those have been hobbyist overclockers unlike what i am a flight simmer.By the way thanks for the info on XP 64-bit, I think ill try it.Jourdog.

Guest IGoDwnTwn

I just wanted an fairly up to date PC system.....already got a Shelby Stang in the back yard....LOL