Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

Saitek Yoke

Guest CHRISH

I have just bought a new saitek yoke which is excellent apart from it has no trim, is this right or do I need to select a button for this?Many thanks,Chris EGBB

Select a button.What revision of the yoke? And what serial number? - its on the bottom.Do you have any random button presses?Can you state your hardware? Motherboard, CPU, GPU...Thx!

Guest wayupthere

Hello Chris,I am assuming your talking about the new Saitek Yoke.If so, the easiest way, to set it up for trim is to assign one of the thumb-rocker switches. You can do so either via the normal fs key mapping or through FSUIPC if you have that.Regards,

Guest CHRISH

Thanks guys its the brand new Saitek YokeMy PC is a 6950 Intel Quad Core set up for FS9It seems strange there is no trim on the yoke.Best Regards,Chris

Guest wayupthere

Hi Chris,Well there is, Saitek just chose to use a Thumb-rocker design,much like you will find on Boeing Yokes.You wont find a trim wheel, like you had on the older CH-yoke.. not sure why they didn't incorporate that.Regards,

>>You wont find a trim wheel, like you had on the older>CH-yoke.. not sure why they didn't incorporate that.>I may be wrong here but I always thought that wheel on the CH yoke was only a hardware calibration tool - ie to make sure the centre of travel was really in the centre. It's certainly too stiff and inaccurate to be useful as a trim on mine, perhaps that varies with each one - the rocker switch is much better...Geoff

Guest wayupthere

Was it?.. never had the CH just always saw it.. assumed it was.., always used my trusty VMAX lol.. in anycase the rocker switch... ehh rocks :(regards,