I have just upgraded my Core2 Duo 6600 and my Kingston DDR2 RAM (2GB) to a Core2 Quad Q6600 and G.Skill PC2-8000 DDR RAM (4GB) and I

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest baksteen33

Hi Hugo, With a X2 and 1GB VGA RAM, I would move on to Vista64 and maybe even more RAM? Also, doesn't X2 solamente work with Vista? Do you see more than 50% GPU-activity in CCC when FSX is running? Cheers and kind regards Jaap

Try enabling the "memory remapping" feature in you bios. It may be listed under the northbridge chipset settings of you bios. Check your manual. It worked on my Asus P5B premium motherboard. I posted a problem I had with upgrading ram several posts below yours.Im using a 64 bit operating system,so Im not sure, but with 32 bit, I beleive you should be seeing at least 3 gb of ram.Rob

Guest baksteen33

Indeed, thanks for that, Rob. :-) A couple of modern mainboards however, don't have that option anymore AFAIK, they'll somehow do 'it' automatically. Kind regards Jaap

Thank you both for your help. I appreciate it. :-)My X2 works great with XP but from what I read it runs even better in Vista. Maybe it has something to do with what you describe?Maybe it

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Hi again,Sorry to hear your still having some problems. However, I can say from my own experience that FSX does run very well on Vista 64. And with the 2 added gigs of ram I assed last week, it does not pause to load scenery textures like it use to once in a while. Also, changing views use to take a few seconds with DX10 preview enabled. Now its much faster.Lets us know how it goes. Good luck!Rob

Were you able to correct the problem? Was the upgrade to a quad worth it with FSX? Thanks