Sign in to follow this  

Hello,I posted this in the FS9 forum but got no help so i'll try here. :-)I recently got a new HP w2408 24" monitor and I am now running FS9 at 1680*1050 but I'm having an issue I hope someone can help me with.I am also running XP SP2 and the latest Catalyst drivers (8.4) for my also new Sapphire HD3870 X2.When I press "Fly" my screen turns black for a few seconds before the load progress bar shows and even when it shows it has no background (that white frame surronding the progress bar).During flight every time I press the ALT key to access the menu (I'm running full screen and it doesn't happen in window mode) the screen turns black for a few (2 or 3) seconds before displaying any image with the menu bar on top. When I run Radar Contact 4 with ADV display, every time I press the key to open or close the RC4 window the screen also turns black for a few seconds before opening or closing that small window I have docked on the top left of my screen.I know this is not a big issue but you've got to agree it is a bit annoying having your screen always turning black before something actually happens.I tried different drivers and resolutions but that didn

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest Eek

There's a problem with AdvDisp. Use FSUIPC for Radar Contact, instead.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Thank you for your help. That solved the issues I was having with AdvDisp. :-)Any tips regarding the other issue? ;-)Thanks again.Regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest Eek

You did delete the advdisp.dll from your modules folder? FS would still be loading it if it's still there, even though you're not using it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's causing it. EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)