Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

Which is the Best Flat Screen for Quality for FS9

Guest CHRISH

Hi,I have just reluctantly changed from a super Mitsubishi 21" CRT with fantastic resolutions to a Samsung 22" Flatscreen. The difference is quite poor compared to the excellent CRT Screen.Before I buy this screen can anybody recommend which is the best Flat Screen montior to buy?, many thanks.I am looking for something around 24-26", with the emphasis on quality.Best Regards,Chris

Well, I think, it this price-segment, there isn't anything much better. If you want to throw out 2-3x more money for PVA or IPS panel, go ahead, but it won't be worth it, as far as I heard.I am very happy with my Samsung 245B.

Guest player1

Emphasis on Quality=Dell 2408WEPIt is pricey, but without going over the top @ $5-600 is excelent.Read the reviews where it is fully tested, it consistantly comes out on top. Display graphics, text and fonts where other fail. Does 110% of the color gamut and has every conection you could ever want:HDMI, VGA (Analog), DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP, S-Video, Composite, Component, DisplayPortUSB and multi-mem card reader etc.When you are in the cockpit gauges are very clear and the disply is superb.3 year factory warranty.

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Word Not Allowed and Player 1 much appreciated.Best Regards,Chris

Take a look:http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AL2216Wbd-22-LC...r/dp/B000HAR8UII use one at work - with my Mac - for graphic design. I'd say if it's good enough for that (and I'm pretty picky) it should do just fine with FS. Gamma is darker on PC, but I doubt that would cause any trouble.I can't speak for refresh rates, or whatever, if that has any effect on FS performance. Suits me pretty well, though.Most likely, I'll get another for home use.Andrew

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Andrew.Chris

Guest player1

>Take a look:>>http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AL2216Wbd-22-LC...r/dp/B000HAR8UI>>I use one at work - with my Mac - for graphic design. I'd say>if it's good enough for that (and I'm pretty picky) it should>do just fine with FS. Gamma is darker on PC, but I doubt that>would cause any trouble.>>I can't speak for refresh rates, or whatever, if that has any>effect on FS performance. Suits me pretty well, though.>>Most likely, I'll get another for home use.>>AndrewIf quality is an issue then this monitor should not be mentioned. its not bad for the price but only produces 6-bit color(as are many 22" LCDs). 8-bit is "true color" or 16.7 million colors.6-bit is 262k colors (6 bits x 3 color channels and tries to dither them to "produce" "16.2 million". It is not capable of producing anywhere near true color and will be noticable under many different situations (overcast and night time flying as well as others) but not always. On the other hand, if you do not notice or care then why spend more than you have to. But if we are talking quality then move on.

I own an EIZO S2100, and the quality is impressive.Absolutely wonderful display (no wide). The products from this manufacturer are top quality.NEC is similar to EIZO. Viewsionic produces very good displays, too.Maybe this page can help you:http://www.prad.de/en/index.htmlRegards.Miquel.

Hi,Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" here.Great monitor which was let down by poor calibration out-of-the-box.Fixed with further one-off investment in Spyder2express.Now perfect! FSX and FS9 look great especially with WideViewAspect enabled in FSX.Mike :)

This is a great monitor and look at the refresh rate(120Hz)!That makes for better overall picture.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889253149 40XF550U LCD TVView Pic TOSHIBA REGZA 40" 16:9 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV 40XF550UCabinet Color: BlackRecommended Resolution: 1920 x 1080Panel: 10-Bit LCD PanelInput Video Compatibility: PC Input: Analog RGB NTSC / ATSC / QAM Tuner 1080i/p, 720p, 480i/pHDTV Capability: HDTV Tuner InsideConnectors: HDMI Digital Inputs: 3 ColorStream Component Video Inputs: 2 Front A/V / Rear A/V / Rear S-Video: 1 / 1 /1 High Res PC Input (S-XGA, 15 Pin, D-sub): 1 IR Pass-Through Analog Audio Out Fixed Dolby Digital Optical OutHDMI: 3Regulatory Approvals: ENERGY STAR Model #: 40XF550U Item #: N82E16889253149 Return Policy: [TV] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy Original Price:$1,999.99 Free AIT In Home Delivery See price in cart