Sign in to follow this  

I'm thinking of replacing a wired LAN with a wireless one using a router, but have noted while looking around that there are 2 types of 'wireless". -N and -G. The "N" version appears to cost more so I assume it's maybe faster?. Can anyone tell me what the difference and if there is any backwards/forwards compatibility between the two?Thanks- Bruce.

Hi Bruce,Passed my Instrument Checkride on May 9th! Starting Commercial Single on May 28th if our Arrow is out of 100hr."N" is just the latest in the string of upward improvements of the series. They all have backward compatibility.W. Sieffert

Hi Bill,Congratulations! I once talked to an MD80 captain at MidWest when I was doing mine, and he told me that the IFR rating was about the hardest thing he ever did. There's so much precision involved. Did you have a GPS and/or WAAS and use it much? I'd be interested in the route and approraches that you took with your DE.Thanks for the info on the wireless.Bruce.

By the way Bill,I highly recommend the book "IFR- A Structured Approach" ny John C Eckalbar ISBN 0-9616544-5-7This book is excellent for putting all that theory that you have just learned into parctice. If you have the Elite simulator, you can use the B-58 in that sim and get the exact numbers that he wuotes, the screenshots are all from Elite.Bruce.

Hi Bruce,I used a C172S standard gauges. They are also equipped with KLN94, some with the KMD550 MFD.Most of the practice was accomplished within 25 miles of Orlando at KORL (Homebase), KSFB, KISM, KTIX. The long X-CTY was KORL, KVNC, KVRB and KORL.My checkride flight plan was to KTHL via OCF and other various waypoints.Air Orlando also has several G1000 equipped aircraft and Cirrus Avidyne aircraft. I am checked out to fly those but desided to conduct my instrument rating in the standard gauge.Our Piper Arrow is really old school, so doing the standard gauge recently will help with the Arrow equipment.W. Sieffert