Hi allIt's ages since I built my P4 2.4 so I'm trying to catch up fast and need advice. I'm only looking to improve FS9 and not spend too much so how's this?Antec P180 caseAntec NeoHE 550W Modular PSUAsus Motherboard P5K SE Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E8400 Crucial 2GB Kit (2x1GB) Ballistix Memory DDR2 PC2-5300 Asus Extreme 8800GT 512MB Western Digital 500GB Caviar RE2 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16MB Any suggestions welcome or please point out any incompatabilities.John

I just took delivery of a custom built PC two weeks ago, with a very similar spec to what your considering. I'd been running the same P4 3.0Ghz for 6 years.New system is an E8400 on an Asus P5K SE, although I went for 4 gig of RAM, and 1024MB 8800GT.It runs FSX on fairly high settings with great ease, so I think you'll find your system will run FS9 like a dream on max settings.Hope you enjoy your new PC...I know I'm enjoying mine.Regards,Al.

Guest Scratch1964

John,Which OS are you running? If Vista, you might want to consider 3 or 4GB Ram. Also, the Seagate 500GB 32MB cache SATA II drives load faster due to their larger cache. I have both 16MB and 32MB SATA II drives and have noticed a difference with the larger cache.Other than that tch1964it all looks fine.Good luck!Scra

Guest Scratch1964

Was supposed to read like this....Other than that it all looks fine.Good luck!Scratch1964Something wrong with my keyboard. Sorry about that!