Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

Monitor doesn't goes off..

Guest Flybyme

Hello to all,I've Xp and just installed the SP3...but what I get now is that the monitor doesn't, no more, go on "off" mode after 3 minutes of pc stand-by (I usually use 3 or 2 minutes)....Now, I must turn off the monitor manually from the "power" button....Any Idea?Thanx

Guest Staggerwing

Sorry, but have to ask... did you check to see if your preferences are still set in Windows? Or have they reverted back to default after SP3 ?I finally got most of my XP working again after SP2, not even going to try SP3 :-)

Guest Flybyme

>Sorry, but have to ask... did you check to see if your>preferences are still set in Windows? Or have they reverted>back to default after SP3 ?>>I finally got most of my XP working again after SP2, not even>going to try SP3 :-)Ciao,how can I check if my preferences are still set?All I know is that if I set 2 minutes and then OFF ...the monitor still remains on...

Guest Staggerwing

>Ciao,>how can I check if my preferences are still set?>All I know is that if I set 2 minutes and then OFF ...the>monitor still remains on...Okay, I understand now.. you are setting it in preferences and it will not respond properly with shut down.Now I have no new idea yet, sorry ... I do know MS had some very messed up items for me after SP2 and items like this came up and were not solved until I unistalled some security updates etc. If I run into anything that might help, I will post here.Hope someone else has the answer quickly for you.

Guest Flybyme

I hope I did explain me....It's the "power saver" of the monitor that u can find in "SCREEN PROPERTY" - "SCREEN SAVER"- "POWER"...here I can set the time that laps before the screen goes in "stand-by" mode...For instance if I set as tome "3 minutes" and I don't use the pc for such time, the monitor goes off...Than I just need to move the mouse and the monitor goes ON again....Possible that SP3 has interfered with such settings and nothing of this works now?DO I have to uninstall SP3 ?Thanx

Guest Flybyme

I found out that the problem is caused by the program "logitech setpoint" in the start-up menu...So either I get the setting of the mouse working or the monitor "power saving"....can't have both...Any suggestions?Thanx

Guest Staggerwing

Contact Logitech for a work around ?Or maybe change Logitech from auto start to manual and see if that helps.

Guest Flybyme

I posted the problem in Logitech forum...we'll see what will they answer...It's annoing to set manually the setpoint everytime...;o)

Guest Flybyme

Still haven't find the solution..By the way:I just up-dated the BIOS, on: BIOS SET UP------POWER ON PS/2 KEYBOARD ----wich item must be selected?:-DISABLED-SPACE BAR-CTRL-ESC-POWER KEYI currently have "DISABLED"On the HARDWARE--KEYBPARD--TAB box labeled "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" is checked!How do I get to see if the Power Management settings are enabled within my system BIOS?I enter in the BIOS and then..???_how do I get the CPU to manage the fan speed automatically in the BIOS?Thanx for your help---

Guest Scratch1964

FlyByMeMay I just clarify here...Are you stating that the Logitech setpoint program has been a problem right from the very moment you installed it, or only since installing XP SP3?Staggerwing is quite right to point out that there have been numerous problems with XP service packs. I'd go as far as to say that SP3 represents, in some respects a sideways step rather than a step forward. However, in fairness to Microsoft it was never going to be easy to achieve absolute harmony between it's XP operating system and all up to date software programs.Perhaps read my post here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...16365&mode=fullIt provides answers as to the way in which updates to the Microsoft Windows operating system often change core files in other programs which may appear to the end user to be completely unrelated, for example, Windows SP3 and a Logitech application. It's all in the way they share and then access shells within the O/S.As well as looking to Logitech for a solution, have you checked the Microsoft update page whilst the Logitech peripheral is plugged in? There may just be a Microsoft update for it.Scratch1964

Guest Flybyme

Hello Scratch,thanx for yoyr help...infact it's SP3 that caused this porblem with Setpoint...Before installing teh SP3 All wall working good..So, "As well as looking to Logitech for a solution, have you checked the Microsoft update page whilst the Logitech peripheral is plugged in?"Where is the Microsoft update page for Logitech Peripheral?Maybe ther's a solution for my problem...Thanxciao

Guest Scratch1964

FlyByMeIt's the Microsoft Windows update page you need. You can access it by selecting the option "Windows Update" from the XP start menu. Alternatively, here's the link from the start menu shortcut...http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-usBe sure to the choose custom rather than express option, then glance to the left side to see if there are any software or hardware updates available. Select any you see, then click to expand any results. There might just be one available for your Logitech peripheral. I would recommend checking this page regularly regardless of whether or not you have problems.Hopefully there is an update/fix available for you.Scratch1964