Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

Socata "ghost aircraft" fix

The brand new Socata has a little "bug" in the aircraft.cfg file that removes the textures and panel...Open up this file with Notepad and remove the entries for panel= and texture= and, presto all is well..Nice looking plane BTW.. now lets go and fly!

Bert

Thanks for the tip, works now.Anyone here got a problem where the plane violently pitches upwards?

Guest DaveKDEN

I believe you need to leave the lines "panel=" and "texture=" intact, just remove the text following the respective line entries.Should look like this when done (entire aircraft.cfg entries are not present here);TITLE=TB-20GTSIM=TB20GTMODEL=PANEL= SOUND=TEXTURE=KB_CHECKLISTS=TB20GT_ChecklistKB_REFERENCE=TB20GT_ReferenceDaveEdit; Correction as noted by Travis. Good catch Travis!

Guest RiddlePilot

How about the .air in the SIM line? I know that all the other aircraft config files I've looked at don't have the .air extension.

Guest DaveKDEN

You are correct - my post has been modified.Thanks,Dave

You are very welcome.... Larry, do you find this aircraft hard to control?I actually crashed on takeoff (shades of first time in the Bf109 in IL-2)it is a bit like flying a bowl of jello..

Bert

Hi!The only thing I needed to do, was to delete the end of the 3rd line in the aircraft.cfg file!It says:sim=tb20gt.airbut should be only:sim=tb20gtThus the air file is recogized and everything is OK! At least for me!Haraldh F

>Hi! >>The only thing I needed to do, was to delete the end of the >3rd line in the aircraft.cfg file! >>It says: >>sim=tb20gt.air >>but should be only: >>sim=tb20gt >>>Thus the air file is recogized and everything is OK! At >least for me! Hmmm... Thanks for this... I'll have to go 'fix' my .cfg and give it a whirl...BillHead Honcho, Chief Cook-n-BottlewasherFactory Aircraft Rebuilders Technology Systems, notInc.

Hi Bill and everyone,many thanks for your superb aircraft. This will be one of my favorites at my GA Hangar.But let me tell you, I have big problems with the flight quality.I have at the beginning of take-off a big drift to the right.Also if I'm airborne, I can't control the aircraft as well. Permanently I have to fight with the bank to the right and also the trim is very strange...Some other folks have also reported these experience in a german forum, Flightxpress.dePlease be so kind and let me know what causes that problems...Many thanks in advancedStefan (EDDM)

Let me also add my thanks for this fine quality aircraft!!!!!!Like Stefan in the post above, I cannot fly the aircraft because it has a definite pull to the right ... taxiing, then if you can get airborne, a solid bank to the right. I have tried CTL 0 (zero) and CTL ENTER thinking that the rudder trim was off. This had a little effect, but if i trimmed to the left, that was it ... left bank, and count not trim to right.I calibrated my joystick, loaded up the patch and thinking I am just plain dense and stupid ... took the DF Cardinal out for a spin ... it was fine ... no issues on a quick circuit at meigs ... rudder was centered on startup according to the rudder trim wheel.Sorry to report a problem ... but i simply assume I am missing something ... (nothing unusual there) and ask your help. I did print out the doc and pdf and txt files but cannot find any reference to trimming the rudder. On "walkaround" (hahahaha) the rudder moves correctly, as does the elevetor and ailerons..Appreciate your help!!!! and again ... many thanks!!!!

>Let me also add my thanks for this fine quality >aircraft!!!!!! >Appreciate your help!!!! and again ... many thanks!!!! Thank you for the kind words...I've been discussing this with the team members, and we will be issuing a 'tamer' replacement for the FDE within a week. Please be patient... :)Although the Socata really is a fairly squirrily (sp) aircraft (that's why I call it the "Porsche of the Skies"), clearly there are many who're so accustomed to the letharigic handing characteristics of the 'typical FS2k2 aircraft' that we need to make accomodations for them...BTW, this is not a criticism of anyone's tastes and/or abilities; but merely a reflection of what the simming public wants! :)So, I say "let's give everyone a choice!"Thanks for your continued patience... :)

I really don't see any problem with the FDE file. It's a small airframe with a very powerful engine. All that adds up to a HUGE amount of torque, which is why you zoom off to the right if you JAM the throttle forward. The easiest FDE "fix" that I know of is to ease the throttle forward s l o w l y. This is a fantastic airplane, Bill. Thank you very much for your generosity.Best Regards,John Wood

>But let me tell you, I have big problems with the flight >quality. >I have at the beginning of take-off a big drift to the >right. I do have the intial "big drift" to the right, as you've stated, but once I've kicked in some left rudder to straighten it out.......... then the aircraft starts to kick in with the more realistic left drift, which is then countered with right rudder.Once airborne and in cruise, I have NO darastic pulls in either direction, and just a slight (maybe not enough) pull to the left in climb. Trim works just fine, with the buttons on my stick. In fact, it trims real easy! Note: I am using rudder pedalsL.Adamson