Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

X1650 Pro

Guest jimmer

hi,i am thinking of upgrading my graphics card. i am just wondering if the X1650 Pro 512MB AGP is any good?i have to have an agp because it either agp or pci in my computer.so i am just wondering if the x1650 pro is a good card and would it also boots my frames and graphics up.my current card is an Radeon 9200 128mb

Hi jimmer,Searching around the web, it looks as though you should see a marked improvement in both speed and visual quality. I never owned your current card or the one you inquiring about; but I can relay my experiences with a visiontek xge1600xt 256agp.One of my previous video card upgrades was a Visiontek XGE X1600XT 256 agp. I had upgraded from a BFG6200oc 256 agp. The improvements in speed and visual quality were very noticeable. I did not at the time own FSX. I have since upgraded to a Sapphire X1950Pro 512 agp (requires a strong psu)and I am very satisfied with the performance jump from the x1600xt.I purchased FSX not along after the x1600 install. Frames were low, so I later upgraded to the x1950pro mentioned above. Improved performance and visual quality for all my graphics intensive programs. My next upgrade will most likely be the Dx10 ready Sapphire HD3850 512mb agp. Posted at Newegg for $130.00us.http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/pr...?gpid=227&grp=2http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ited-_-14102730 I feel that my old home built pc system will have reached its max potential when I upgrade to the HD3850; so will be looking to upgrade my mobo, proc, psu and ram in the future. Even now I'm sure my system is throttling the X1950's full capabilities.Good luck with your upgrade.JimBWinXp Pro Sp2Amd 3700+ 754s ClawHammer2gig pc3200 sdramSapphire X1950Pro 512mb agpMSI K8T Neo-V v1 bios: 080011SB X-Fi xgamerPSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-430Dx9cLogitech Xtreme 3d ProLogitech Freedom 2.4Saitek AV8R

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

I useAti X1650 Pro DDR2 (RAMDAC400)Pentim4 D 3.4GHz2Gb 667 RAMXP sp2550 Watt Poweretc...Performans Locked 25 FPS (FS2004). Display and Global Map Quality all right.I use Full Display options and Full AI traffic (Plus with PAI and the others WOA %100)But Some times I fall a trouble. When I go to Major Airports (KJFK, KEWR, EGLL, EGLC, LFPO, LOWW, LTBA, LEMD etc...) I have a FPS problem. How Can It solve that Full Traffic Mode and FPS Problem I don't know.(FOOTNOTE = I don't suppose that Can I play FSX with this Configuration)(FOOT NOTE2 = Same problem at (Core2Duo 2.6Ghz - 4Gb 800 Mhz ram - GeForce 8800 1GB - Vista - 500 Gb HD- Full Cooling System)