Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon

What are the coordinates for finding the Grand Canyon on take off from Grand Canyon State (N38)? thanks...sherm

Guest guyjr

Somewhere around 2,000 miles west / southwest. The Grand Canyon is in Arizona. :)

HI Sherm,Just take off from runway 28 of N38 and fly runway heading for three or four km. You should be able to pick it out easily with some 38.2m terrain. Once you find it, turn south and follow it down to the Lock Haven area.It probably won't show up too well without the "true" 38.2m terrain, meaning terrain made from 30m source files.Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.com

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

I wish I could have made a bet, Justin, that you would respond to this. I still recall with fond detail, your terrain mesh for fs2000 with the Pa GC...thanks for the update. I am using a terrain mesh..don't remember if it is yours for fs2002...and did some cruising around this morning. Saw lots of peaks and valleys, but could not figure out which was the canyon...again thanks...and btw, I am loving your landclass beta. How can you give such good stuff away and expect to get a payback in $$$...:-).Sherm..p.s. I remember a few years ago you writing about being in school going for a grad degree...when can we call you Dr. Tyme...?

HI Sherm,Yes, remember PANJ98? :-) I wouldn't quite call it terrain mesh, though. More like hand-crafted 3D polygons. But it was fun. :-)If you're using the RealScene product, I don't think the GC of PA is going to show up too well, since it was made from 90m source. It's really not much better than 76m terrain (and takes up twice the disk space).Once I move into Phase 2 of the US Nat'l Landclass, it'll become payware. Probably enter Phase 2 in a week or two. I'll be releasing Beta 4, which extends coverage to 112:30W, later this evening or tomorrow.And, no, don't call me Dr. quite yet. On hiatus from school at the moment. Too busy making terrain and stuff. . .ThanksJustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net