Hi,I need a monitor because my tv only supports 1280x720, it can go higher, but it can't support a higher resolution with the correct number of hz so it is all fuzzy. It is a 30in 1080i lcd tv. I don't know what to do as far as monitors go, what do I need for resolution, ms response time, contrast ratio, and brightness? I don't need to worry too much about viewing angle as I am right in front of it, but it could become a factor. I have a very limited budget because of my computer purchase, but let me know about everything.thanksAnthony

You'll need to let us know what your budget is for a new screen.If you'd like to stay around the same screen size, you could get a 32" 1080p (1920x1080 native res.) TV. I had a Sharp Aquos 32D62U at this size and really enjoyed it for simming. I recently moved up to a slightly larger 37" 37D64U model so it would be a little more enjoyable when sitting back watching hi-def movies.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi,I have a question about what resolution of monitor you recommend, I just got a new computer around a month ago and it supports 1920x1080, should I get a monitor or lcd tv that supports that, or should I get a monitor or lcd tv that supports the 1680x1050? Which is best for FSX and FS9 Also I know that tv's are measured in Hz while Monitors are measured in response time in ms. What do you recommend there? Thanks for the help. I don't know much about color contrast etc, but I don't know if there is anything out there that would improve fps, or what would look best while still performing well, I am unsure if monitor actually impacts fps, but I wouldn't think so.I am thinking of getting one for christmas, so just give me all info, and all price ranges, I might also be able to get a deal on Aquos if you say it is good, I have been considering, but I wasn't sure which would be best for simming and I don't know much about response time hz, or ms, and I am unsure of resolution so If you could let me know, that would be great. Also, I don't know if you could find equivalent specs on older models, because that is where the good prices would be. I am looking at 25"-35 or 40"thanksAnthony

How would you say the Sharp Aquos LC-32GP3UB would be with FSX and FS9? I know that it is 1920x1080, but I don't know about how my computer will support that resolution with the hz, My computer has a 1920x1080 res output with 60hz. Also, right now I have my 30in lcd hooked to it, but the display only supports 1280x720, so I only see like half of a webpage on a 30", and the start bar takes up like 10% of the screen. Thanks again for the help.Anthony

Hi Anthony,Sorry I didn't see that you had replied, or I would have gotten back to you earlier.It's really up to you on if you'd rather go with a TV vs. LCD monitor.The benefit of going with a TV is obviously that it can be used as both a tv or PC monitor. They also often have more plug-ins on the back for extra components like a PS3/X-Box, dvd player, etc...As for screen resolution, 1920x1080 is higher than 1680x1050, however at the same time it will be more taxing on your videocard. I would go with 1920x1080 if you have a fairly decent computer/videocard.The other deciding factor is how large of a screen do you want to get?Most of todays LCD computer monitors run at 60Hz with response times that vary quite a bit between models.1080p (1920x1080)TV's can either run at either 60 or 120Hz and again have response times that vary between the different brands and models.Generally speaking a lower response time (under 6ms) is desirable for gaming, and either 60 or 120Hz processing is fine. (120Hz maybe being better, but also costs more).FYI: The Sharp Aquos LC-32GP3UB is quite a nice screen and is targeted towards gamers due to some extra processing modes that can be turned on for games. It is a 1920x1080 60Hz screen, so it looks to be compatible with your videocard.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi,I am looking for a monitor for Christmas, I currently have a t.v. that will only support 1280x720, it is a 30", The problem is that because it will not support a higher resolution, everything is huge, the start menu is at least an inch tall. I can only view 20 e-mails on the list, when I can see like 30 on my smaller 17in monitor. My System Specs4gb ram ddr2 1gb nvid video card ddr3 nvidea gtx 280, and I have an Intel quad q9550 processor, I don't know if you need more info, let me know. The video card supports 1920x1080 with 60hz. I am looking at this t.v.http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...72*&topnav=Do you think this is fully compatible with my machine? Will upping the resolution that is outputted by my machine hurt framerates at all? Also, are the specs on this t.v. good response time, color, contrast, etc?thanksAnthony

Hey Anthony,Your computer is quite strong and will have no problem running with a modern 1920x1080p LCD TV setup as your monitor.I have a BFG GTX280 video card and it runs FS9 easily with all the graphics options turned up full at the above resolution.FSX runs pretty well too.All I can say is.. Get the TV you want and enjoy!

As for the Vizio TV you linked to.....Spec's wise it looks pretty good. So really it just depends on how good the image quality is overall. You'll have to see it in person to have a better idea though.Also, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and Sony all make good 32" LCD TV's (worth looking into).