Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jatairways

Looking to build a system, whats recomended ?

Guest Jatairways

Hi Im looking to get into FSX, been using FS9 so far. and i think by now FSX should have settled with some what more affordable hardware then at first arrival. I'm wondering what can you guys recommend for Motherboard ,CPU , Video Card, RAM & OS. i don't mind spending a few bucks more but i don't want to go overboard and buy a $1000 video card maybe around $600 top for video card. thanks.

Hi.If you want to Over clock, you should build your own system. Make sure you get a board that has All the drivers for your OS you intend to use. A quad based has better chance of lasting you a while longer before you want / need to update again, future proofing. If you want an immediate result, for less money the Duo at 3 GHz or above E8500, If Vista and or XP64 get at least 4GB of RAM, 6 is better for Vista. 9800 GTS or above Video, 8800 also works for MSFS. Power Supply around 500W, Mobo, depends on what you want to do, Assus or Gigabyte, are good for Over clocking, but expensive, ECS limited Over clocking and about 25% of the price of others.If you want to get a system from HP, Gateway etc., maybe the most efficient, money wise. You can get one Q6600 based for around $600.00 with Vista 64 Premium OS, with built in Video, and just add a Video for around $100.00. For about $800.00 you can get a 5.8-5.9 Vista Performance index. No over clocking, but you get WIFI, IR, Fire wire, Multi card reader, decent DVD, HDMI etc. If you are in US? TV