Sign in to follow this  

Very alpha-screenshot of a new helomodel

You may call it v0.001 :) It has 6K faces,I think thats not bad -the bell45 has about40k faces. It will take time because I amin real trouble with all the transparent parts.regards, Hobbes

Looks great, but I think you mean faces not faeces. Faeces is a rather more unpleasant matter.

OH... its my bad english -can someone remove the post?regards, Hobbes

As a parent, I spent many a night on the floor with my son putting together all manner of Lego creations.That picture brought a smile to my face and made me laugh.ThanksJohnNewburgh, IN

Very cool, Hobbes! I love these Legos. Is it possible to have a set of gmax "blocks" so that us Lego fans could maybe create some too? A long time ago I made a helo with regular Lego blocks and it'd be a blast to have it in the sim.

>Very cool, Hobbes! I love these Legos. Is it possible to have a set of gmax "blocks" so that us Lego fans could maybe create some too? A long time ago I made a helo with regular Lego blocks and it'd be a blast to >have it in the sim.Hello,I will try to give you some answers but first beg your pardonfor my english (I hate to look houers into a dictionary :) )first I do not work in gmax- thats not the problem: the guysover at the VS-forum have found a trick to get out gmax-modelsso it should work in the other way.I work with Metasequoia Ver2.1 it is freeware and the downloadis only 4MB and best it is "learning by doing software" for 3D-modeling (and can export FMS-models -thats what you see- witch are .x and a lot of other formats, also it does a lot ofimport what is very important).There is a great number (all?) of "digital" Lego parts" (I use them :) they come with the great freeware Lego-cad-program Ldraw, theyare .DAT thats the Ldraw format. To make a long story short- I foundthe nice program ldrawtolws with can convert .DAT > .lwo that is aLightwave-objekt and -puh!- at last Metasequoia can read .lwoThe parts are a bit funy after all that convertion and you mustedit each one by hand (facecount!!) but you can work.Hope that helps.regards, Hobbes

Guest Skymed

Your english is excellent!!!That looks like a lot of fun. GREAT WORK.I look forward to adding it to my collection.Steve

Guest Frank Betts

Now thats neat! I like that.Frank B^)

Thank you Hobbes. I didn't know about those tools and the Lego set. Sounds like fun!