Sign in to follow this  

This Forum is dead!

Hello huys....It's been two days without a single new answer or post. Where r u all? More than 5000 people, and not a single one is posting. I had two works for two days, and had no time to take a view at it, but i expected at least 5 topics to read about. Is helicopter simming really that boring, that no one sticks to it?Keep that ventilator above your head turning!Ballistero

I guess helicopter pilots are just busier than everybody else ;-)I know I am..haven't had time for much lately... I figure that's the main problem for most.... and the fact that the weather is clearing and my wife wants me to spend time in the garden in stead of sitting in front of my glowing CDR in my stuffy office ;-) :-jumpy :-( :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdd6a6a60efc7f5.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Frank Betts

Hey Ballistero. Well I'm still here . I actually thought the same thing. I just figure people are not into flying a helicopter after they figure there is no autopilot on them I have gone on to making scenery for the small planes again. Maybe later on the Chopper stuff. Have a good weekend all ;-)Frank B^)

I think you have it wrong there Ballistero. Helicopter flying is in no way boring. That isn't why so few people do it. It is becasue it is so blessed HARD. I've been flight simming for nearly 10 years, and only got a grip on the choppers a month ago. It takes tons of practice to even get the 206 off the ground without spinning out. Most people try once, say, "This sucks," and never come back to it. Few have the discipline to sit down and learn how to do it. I think we'd all agree, that is thier loss.Steve

Still around but with the change of season means less time on the puter and more time in the outdoors :-):-wave

I have been involved in forums, discussion groups and SIGS (anybody remember those????) since about 1983 and it never fails. We are now in the Spring doldrums. The sun is out, the flowers are blooming, the lawn needs mowing/attention (groan) and the BBQ beckons and the young hot bloods are on the prowl. This too will pass. :-lolEDIT:Well, it is either that or the moderator here could not attract a heard of bees with five gallons of honey. If THAT is the case, we'll be renegotiating his contract!!! :-lol

Looks like the forum is still alive, just on vacation.

>>EDIT: >>Well, it is either that or the moderator here could not >attract a heard of bees with five gallons of honey. If THAT >is the case, we'll be renegotiating his contract!!! :-lol That'll probably be it !! Who IS the moderator around here anyway !!?? It's not this guy that only likes them crappy ol' float planes, is it!? He wouldn't know a helicopter from a windmill, being from Holland and all too :-( :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdd6a6a60efc7f5.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

>Hey Ballistero. Well I'm still here . I actually thought the >same thing. I just figure people are not into flying a >helicopter after they figure there is no autopilot on them > I have gone on to making scenery for the small planes >again. Maybe later on the Chopper stuff. Have a good weekend >all ;-) >Frank B^) Looking at that screenshot, i'm sure you could fit a helopad in there!Looks nice scenery.