Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Helo autopilot coming........

Guest Airprox

Antti is still working on it. He's managed to improve the handling characteristics of the autopilot ( there was a lot of snaking/pitch up and down, with the original file) and is working on some new gauges (Ng and improved Torque). Generally, I think he's wanting this model to be as good as everyone expectations, and you can't rush that! From what I've seen so far, Antti is a genius, and the wait will be soooo worth it.Alun

I've e-mailed Antti, and he says he has no idea when the chopper is finished. He's currently working with a real world flight engineer to make the aircraft system quite realistic. What he is doing is mostly doing some gauges design and he says that the basic principle of this design work is to bring the details to the maximum!I've also have a new screenshot from the VC, and the only thing that has been changed is some gauges layout and a textured overhead panel!From what I see, its getting soooo good I can't hardly wait for its arrival!Keep it going!---------Fredrik Wold

helicopter can be dowloaded at simviation: 26.7.2002

Guest Aidi

Just to add to the couple of comments written above with regards to autopilot/hover hold. Living on the Isles of Scilly in Cornwall, there are always various ships/boats getting into difficulty at various distances off shore. I know the Royal Navy Seakings have an auto pilot and hover hold, also a system where the winch operator can control the helicopter from the side door when on station. I have seen these Seakings landing at the local airport in atrocious weather (Storm force 9/10) re-fueling then flying out 100/200 miles to help a ship in distress. The auto pilot must be a godsent for these guys. http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg