Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

A Couple of Questions Regarding Choppers in FS2K2

I posted this in the MS Flightsim General forum: Hello, I have the following two questions: 1) A couple of the helo's I downloaded seem to have unlimited fuel (I have the unlimited fuel checkbox unchecked). One chopper is the Hughes 500 made for FS2K2, the other is the Blackhawk made for FS2000. I download a S76 and a OH58 both for FS2000 and they both burn fuel. Does anyone know if there is a special way to make helicopters burn fuel (if they are not doing so). 2) Is there a workaround for the gear issue with choppers where you have to pause the sim prior to extending or retracting the gear? Any info would be appreciated thanks! Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know much...but I think the gear and the pause are part of the nature of 2k2. As for the fuel, look at the aircraft files for ones that burn fuel and ones that don't, you might find a line about "fuel" that was left out of some?

That's a very good question. I never flew far enough to worry about how much fuel I had. Shoshana probably knows this one. She's configured fuel loads before.

Hi,1) The hughes 500....wich file?? that of Bjorn?? I get normal fuel consumption with her. The Black Hawk??.....wich file?? I never encountered any problems with fuel consumption, better follow the advice of Peter R, check the aircraft.cfg and the airfile of the aircraft model(s)....or mail me some copies of those files and I look into them.2) Better fly choppers with skids, or fixed wheels, the gear retracting/extracting issue of rotary wing aviation is a well known bug of FS2K2....no cure for that.Wishes,Shoshana :-smile12

Robert: Look in the aircraft config file for each ship and check the engine type. It is probably set to a "1". Change the engine type to a "3" or a "5" and she should start buring fuel. The trick is that the "1" is for piston engine, and the fuel flow guage won't work with a piston engine. I ahve had this occur on a couple of different ships and changing the engine type fixes it.Hope that helps.......Rexbo

Hi,With regards to the gear problem, I've not heard of fix yet, but just to keep everyone interested in the new Autopilot Dauphin that Antti Pankkonen is working on, he has writing into the program that pressing 'G' pauses the sim, raises/lowers the gear, then unpauses the sim, still not totally realistic, but a lot better than what we're used to!Alun :-wave

Thanks for the info! That worked great on my Hughes 500. (of course I don't have any sound now :) Robert