Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne Smith

Flightseeing in a Bell 206 over Manhattan

Guest Wayne Smith

I just posted a bunch of new screenshots over in the Screenhot forum that I hope you all enjoy. I took a late afternoon flight around Manhattan in my trusty '206, and did a little on line multiplayer helicopter flying with ATC (on VATSIM) this afternoon. It was great fun trying a landing at the East 34th Street heliport, with scenery created by Adrian Cholmondeley. I made an 'almost perfect' approach, under Adrian's watchful eye. :-) He was flying another 206 at the time, N204PD, on VATSIM. When you land short at this heliport, you need floats on your copter!Here's the link http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47Wayne"SimPilot"N457WS

Guest Crash_Hawk

First,Great pics!!! Where did you get that scenery? I couldn't find it at Avsim. Also this is for anyone. Does anyone know if the London Heliport is going to be redone for FS2002? Thanks in advance,Crash

Guest Wayne Smith

Thanks! I just got the E34 Street heliport scenery from the author, Adrian Cholmondeley, who I met the other day on VATSIM multiplayer. If you can't locate his email address on AVSIM, and you would like the scenery, please send me a private message, with your email address, and I will forward your email to Adrian. I don't believe Adrian has uploaded the scenery to any web sites yet. He told me he was still working on it. He has created an NYPD repaint for the Bell 206, which is in the AVSIM library.Regards,WayneN457WS

Guest Crash_Hawk

Wayne,Thaks for going to bat for me with the author. I'm enjoying the scenery the Adrian sent. It's really tight in there next to that S-76 isn't it? Talk to you later.Regards,Crash