Sign in to follow this  
blave

Poll: split out Helicopters from Avsim FS2002 Aircraft

And another thing:I find that if I'm not quite diligent in monitoring the new uploads to Avsim's file library, I can very well miss a great helicopter. And unless I'm missing something, it's hard to go back and find them without manually perusing the list of aircraft that are there, scattered amongst the seventy-eleven thousand Boeing repaints.The thought has occurred to me, now that we have our own dedicated forum, that perhaps a "parallel" effort could be undertaken to split out rotorcraft from the seized-wing types. What say ye about this? And if any Avsim principals are reading, is there any possibility of doing this?I for one would certainly appreciate it.cheers,Dave BlevinsKRHVP.S. I could not figure out how to set up a "real" poll... But I did try!

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest Lindy

It's not a bad idea, but you CAN do a Search of FS Aircraft using the keyword "helicopter" and find them that way. That's how I do it and it works real well.However I'd support the setting up of a separate category. -Lindy :-rotor in training

Ah - but if you search for "helicopter" in "FS2002 Aircraft", you'll get an incomplete list...For instance, do a search for "Bell" - the second entry is the Bell 206B & Bell OH-58" model. Now do a search for "helicopter", and you will not see this entry there. It seems that if either the title or the description does not have the word in it, then it won't show up...And based on a quick look at the Avsim search engine, it appears that you can't OR things together - e.g. "bell or hughes or eurocopter or helicopter", etc.This is exactly why I'd like to see a dedicated category. Thanks for giving me a leg to stand on 8^) .cheers,dB.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

I like the idea of a helicopter category. Now that uploaders do the work of putting things in the right place, hopefully it'll be easy to support more categories.

Can I add a "Here here" please.I have many times searched the avsim library after helicopters and got so frustrated with the system I have gone away empty handed. :-grrI had the same idea the other day, but I hadn

Haven't heard on the web site front. Francois has had to do a lot of travelling lately. In fact, he's out for the next week or two(?). I forget how long now. Anyway, I'll let him reply with more info when he's back.

I am all for it! and I am sure that the thoussands of helo fans who were regulars at Keith's Virtual Helipads are in agreement!Danny

Guest Miro Majcen

Hi folks, we'll open a new category in the library later today or tmrw. Not sure how quick we could move in the older files already in the library, but the new ones should appear there as soon as they get uploaded. Btw, anyone here flying the new Dauphin with the CH FlightStick Pro USB ? I'd love to see the .cfg file for that one as i've been "fightning" with this great chopper for days now with less sucessfull landings and takeoffs as i would wish :) Best regards, Miro MajcenAVSIM OnlineManaging Editorwww.avsim.com

Sounds like a great idea to me. I do miss the advantage of going Keith's Virtual Helipad! It was much easier to find what you wanted that way.As far as that new Dauphin goes, well I was only able to take off and fly ONE time vs. the MANY, MANY, MANY times I couldn't get the STUPID controls to work, so un-fortunately, it has wound up in the great helo secion of the trash!! IF he gets it ironed out, then I will give it another shot, as it does fly pretty good. However, I am not about to sit and fight with something that should be realtively simple to set up, as I have already spent the entire weekend trying to get that thing to work. It's not a problem to start-up, just to get those controls to work!