Sign in to follow this  

Information?

Hi all, I've been simming for quite awhile now and have taken a new interest in fs helo's. However, I'm not having much luck in finding websites that are dedicated to helo's. Anyone have a nice list of sites?Also... What download would you folks recommend for a helo "trainer"?(link to dl please)Thanks!

Guest Lindy

I'm a newbie helo pilot too. I'm trying to learn on the Hughes 500D, so I can recommend you NOT train in that one!! :-lol Actually, I've received suggestions to simply use the default Bell in FS2002 Pro (I suppose it's in the Standard version too). Also as was recommended to you, the Hoversafe website is pretty good for getting some tips on helo flying and even downloadable Lessons.One thing to keep in mind is to have a frame rate of at least 15 fps when practicing your helo flying. If you have to, turn down some options or go to a location that's not so detailed. In controlling your chopper, you DO NOT need stutters or choppy sim performance. If you don't have any, be sure to get a set of rudder pedals, and a stick works better than a yoke for chopper flying.Good luck.-Lindy :-wave