Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Dauphin is HERE

Look in the "New Files" that haven't been posted. This is COOL!!!!!Don

Guest Crash_Hawk

Hey Don, after you install and fly this beauty, let me know how you got No1 and No2 engines up to 100%. . . I can't seem to do it. 83-84% and that means no flying. :'( :'(Thanks,Crash

Guest Airprox

Crash,Just replied over at Flightsim, but I thought I'd repeat here in case I missed you over there!!! After start up are you letting the engines spool up, watch the RPM and make sure that both needles are in the green before you increase the collective otherwase the Revs will drop off.Let me know how you get onAlun

Did you move the dauphin cfg. over to the main fs folder? Mine was doing it too and that worked fine. Out killing trees as usual!Don

Guest Aidi

Well, i have it downloaded... and ill say this.. It aint easy! Still figuring out how to get the engines started in away that i can keep them going! I sense another late night looming!! but, must say its a masterpiece. Looks teriffic. What a shame that Fs2002 has the pause issue with the gear on heli's. Great to see the author has put in a work around.Come on folks, share with us your expeiences of this helihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Airprox

It might take a bit of learning, but believe me, it's worth it... right, back to programming the waypoint database for the R-NAV.Alun

Try this for engine startup. There is a small glitch in FS2002 regarding chopper engine starts. I use this method with the engines completely shut down (rotor stopped too). 1) Move the fuel control lever just out of Idle Cutoff as per the manual and engage the starter. 2) Slowly move the fuel control lever past the ground idle (in the real chopper you would end the start at ground idle and the rotor would not yet be engaged/spinnning...another FS2002 limitation) and about half way between ground and flight idle. Wait until the rotor RPM jumps to life (the rotor rpm will start to move much quicker and you should be able to hear it). As soon as it does, slowly move the fuel control lever back to ground idle. Now you should be stabilized at around 80-85% Nr (just below the bottom of the green arc). 3) When you bring the fuel control lever to flight idle the rotor rpm should be in the green arc. Hope this helps.