Sign in to follow this  
hmar

Dauphin.cfg and Sidewinder Precision 2

Hi,I can't get the collective to respond to my joystick Sidewinder Precion II :-(. Has somebody found a solution? Which dauphin.gau ?Thanks in advance.hm

Guest Airprox

Go have a look at the Flightsim.com FS 2002 forum, Tailboom posted a dauphin.cfg for that very same joystick (I think) and I'm sure he'll tell you which .gau file to use.Alun

Guest Aidi

I am sure TB wont mind me post the .cfg here, but this is the one that should work for the SWP2number_of_devices=1;cyclic_pitch=1,Y;cyclic_roll=1,X;yaw=1,rZ;collective=1,SLIDER0;force_trim_release=1,BUT1;beep_trim=1,POV0;snap_view=2,POV0;toggle_landing_gear=1,BUT7;toggle_cycl_fd=1,BUT5;toggle_coll_fd=1,BUT3;toggle_coupler=1,BUT4;go_around=1,BUT2;brakes=1,BUT6;low_realism_setting;Back yours up first, then replace the text with these lines.Remember if you are just ONE notch below Full Realism you need this line in there.. low_realism_setting;http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

I am really sorry, but it is a "no go". I have tried everything, the original dauphin.gau, the updated one, all the possibilities rX, rY,SLIDER0, SLIDER1, SLIDER (because it is named as such in FS), nothing helps. I have to fly this beauty without the bells and whistles :-( :-( :-(hm

Guest Kurt

I'm not sure if this will help or not. I had problems at first with my old SWFF1. I finally got it working by changing some settings in the Duaphin.sav file (FS main folder), you might check yours and compare settings. Make a copy of the original first for safe keeping.I'm using the original Dauphin.cfg and the original gauge. In FS my throttle axis is listed as Dial with this stick. number_of_devices=1;cyclic_pitch=1,Y;cyclic_roll=1,X;yaw=1,rZ;collective=1,Z;force_trim_release=1,BUT1;beep_trim=1,POV0;snap_view=2,POV0;toggle_landing_gear=1,BUT7;toggle_cycl_fd=1,BUT5;toggle_coll_fd=1,BUT3;toggle_coupler=1,BUT4;go_around=1,BUT2;brakes=1,BUT6;low_realism_setting;Part of my Dauphin.sav file (this is with the engines running)invert2=1;gen2=1;pitot_rh=0;panel_lights=0;beacon=0;pos_lights=0;step=0;battery=1;heading_bug=267;course=0;invert1=1;gen1=1;autopilot=30;fuel_controls=143;engine1=1;engine2=1;engine1_Nf=16382.976563;engine2_Nf=16382.976563;engine1_fuel_lever=16384;engine2_fuel_lever=16384;aural_warning=0;I don't remember exactly what I changed to get it working. I think it had to do with the engine and fuel settings.Kurt M

Hi,me again. Well I am flying now that wonderfull Dauphin with all bells and whistles, but it took time to find out what was wrong. The configuration as mentioned in one of the previous posts by Aidan is working for me, but I had a lot of other problems too with the Flight Direction Coupler. I got so frustrated that I made a whole new virgin installation of FS2002. My previous installation took 5 Gb in sceneries, installed airplanes and big part of it in gauges! I installed the Dauphin in this virgin installation and now it flies like the perfect dream, a maybe too perfect dream. So from now on I go install all my addons one by one.Antti, you have my admiration!hm.