Sign in to follow this  

DAUPHIN - anyone figure out my gremlin?

The author is out of luck - but i figured some of you tinkerers could help me out.number_of_devices=3;cyclic_pitch=1,Y;cyclic_roll=1,X;yaw=3,Z;collective=1,SLIDER0;beep_trim=1,POV0;pan_view=1,POV0;force_trim_release=1,BUT1;brakes=1,BUT6;toggle_landing_gear=1,BUT5;toggle_cycl_fd=1,BUT2;toggle_coll_fd=1,BUT3;toggle_coupler=1,BUT4;go_around=1,BUT7;I have a CH strike force 3d sticka ch yokeand ch pedalsit all works - BUT a few things ( which I think are interrelated )1. When I try to use the collective - ( and I look in VC mode ) it quivers for a sec and goes to 0 and my RPMs drop to 0 almost like I disengaged the Rotor.2. If i try and use the AP - and initaite a hover - RPM drop to 0The throttle issue almost seems like the one BILL GRABOWSKI had with his ERJIf anyone can help email me at vatusa4@vatusa.orgRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest Aidi

Seems like i had the exact same problem initially. can you give a complete run down of how you are trying to start the heli? I found that unless you start it correctly it will never work. Took me ages to figure it out but it all works now. Here is the procedrue i use:1. Load Fs2002 select default flt and choose the Dauphin 1a. Ensure that your joystick is disabled in Fs20022. Ensure your throttle levers are at 0 3. Press shift+5 and close the yellow levers all the way to top. Check the gauge above the Airspeed and make sure the white needle is falling to the down position. If the rotars are still turning the big needle will gradually drop as the rpm decreses.4. Ensure the power is off. (large red bar and 2 green switches beneth)5. Shift+2 to bring up the Pedistal. (this will also activate the controls for the heli)6. Power On (large red bar and two green switchs) You will see the avioncs come to life.7. Check the fuel pumps are on on all 4 switches8. Bring the left yellow lever down so its just outside the indent for cut off and press and hold the starter button on the lever. 9. Watch the rpm increase and move yellow lever to the idle position.10. Move the right lever down just past the cut off indent and press and hold the starter button, watch the rpm increase and move to the idle.11. Move both levers to the flight position and watch the rpm increase untill the needle is around 350 in the green.12. switch to the vc and move the cyclic and check the rudder pedals work... Now the engines have started correctly, gently move your throttle forward and the collective should rise. It was not untill i had started the engines in the correct sequence that i saw steady movement on the collective. If you can get this far then you have cracked it. Hope it helps a little http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Yeah someone emailed me - Thanks though - now if I can only get it to capture an ALTITUDE - seems to keeps blowing past my desired cruise - i know you set VS then do an ALT arm - but it just keeps on goingRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest Aidi

I found it difficult at first to figure it out, but i think i have it all sussed out now. So, here is how i go about getting the Autopilot to respond to the altitude,.1. Start up the heli and set about 30ft on the H-Ht dial. Use U&+ to increse the airspeed bug to your cruise speed... say 140kts2. Ensure you set the VSI to a positve climb rate say 600fps.3. Set the altitude you wish to climb at the top of the autopilot.4. Press the T-Up button and the H-HT and HOV will illuminate and you will take off into a hover.5. Once the heli is stable, the G-Spd lit will come on and you will start to nose down a little and gather some forward speed.6. After a short time, the G-spd will disingage and the A/S, V/S and Hdg will illuminate and the heli will start its climb out. 7. To accend to the altitude you dialed in earlier, you must now press the ALT button. A/S, Alt, V/S and Hdg will all now be active.8.As you approach your pre selected height about 100ft prior at getting ther the V/S will disingage and the heli will continue up and settle down at the height you specified. 9. To decend in height, lower the VSI to a - number. and lower the display to the altitude you wish to decend to. Remember that the V/S is currently disabled. Press the V/S then the Alt button to make both engage and the heli will start to drop in altitude.I have just read through this and done it in the heli so i know it works. Give it a go and see what happens.Rgdshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg