Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

Dedicated Area for Helicopters on Avsim - Lets Populate

Guest Aidi

Howdie Folks,After a thread was started here the other day with regards to a dedicated area to search for helicopter uploads, it has now been instigated. Searching for your favorites should now be alot quicker and save you having to wade through the complete Fs2002 Aircraft listing.What we need to do now is populate it. There are many files out there that many do not know about, and only come to light if mentioned in a forum thread. To that end, if you know of a helicopter file that does not currently exist in our library or can make a recommendation then please do so. If you find something then please feel free to email me and I can get in contact with the author and see if they will consider uploading. It must be stressed that the authors permission MUST be obtained. Its all too easy to upload yourself with all good intents and purpose, but the author must give his agreement. I know it will be very difficult to get our library anywhere near to what Keiths Helipad was like, but with assistance from you helicopter fans we can give it a good shot!Rgdshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks very much for implementing my suggestion. I note that there is currently only one item in the FS2002 Helicopters area - a repaint of the Dauphin. Is there a plan to tranfer the helos currently in the FS2002 Aircraft area to our new "home"?thx,Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Keep an eye on that area, I am busy completing a repaint of an As355, wich I have also altered to be able to land on water ( it has floats, but unfortunately they can not be"inflated")I am also in the final stages of a new panel that will have many goodies, it is currently being tested by a few chaps, and they seem quite happy.For the scenery designers amongst us, tomorrow will appear 3 sets of macros with :Landable ships, an oilrig (landable) and an LZ marker ( a set of lights marking an LZ in the militay style)Have funDanny Levin

Hello.I'm Ralph B. and I'm new to the FS scene.Right now I have FS2000 and I'm learning how to fly Helicopters.There were a number of them in the AVSIM Library up until this evening.I downloaded The Allouette II and the ch 53 and a number of others.Will the FS2002 helos fly in FS2000?Where do I find Helos and/or flight config files? so far I've been able to land and fly the Bell 206,and the others but it IS a little challenging.any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.Ralph B.

Ralph Bee - I suggest you get FS2002 and not fiddle with FS2000 anymore. For one thing, the flight model of the '206 is more or less unflyable, and certainly way way harder than it needs to be. The model in FS2002 is a lot more friendly and, IMO, more realistic. There are any number of other enhancements that make 2002 a worthwhile purchase.re: FS2002 aircraft in FS2000 - the answer is probably "no", particularly any of them that were created using GMax.When you get FS2002 you'll be able to enjoy some of the awesome add-on aircraft that are available here on Avsim, such as the Bell 47, the recently-released Dauphin by Antti (although this one requires some set-up, and RTFM'ing), and the Sikorsky S-51.You might also want to head over to the Hoversafe Academy at http://members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htm - this should help you develop flying habits that are "real world" - i.e. not pulling too much power, controlling your descent rate so as not to enter a "settling with power" situation (potentially deadly, but not modeled in FS2002), etc.Good luck,Dave BeeKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Whats good for you is good for you.I've tried for many years but gave up. Just tappingthe stick a little causes the helicopter to fly off in all kindsof direction. The flight models are highly unstable IMOP. Torque riddenflight models.Noboru

Guest Kingair315

You need to try the new Tutor method listed in a message... Like you, I tried it, but set the Null setting on my stick so it wasent quite so sensitive. As Im retired, may have had more time, so practiced flying (without the Tutor info, in FS98) and learned to handle the Helio quite well. Though landing on the H exactly on buildings, never happened. Was lucky to land on the building. Getting your stick setup for smoother control is important. If it is set for an aircraft, so FULL motion from left to right, or forward and back means full travel of the surfaces. IT also helps in the Rotary Wings... If you have it set, so only half inch of movement of your stick, means full travel of control surfaces... it is much too sensitive.

Perhaps... I've flown Helicpoter sims outside of fs9 and never had as much trouble. I could put down any where! I've been simming since sublogic days.Thats what I mean... it extremely differcult!! to put down on top of building. I've done it but it to was probablly luck.But thanks for advice it is much appreciated :-)regardsNoboru

Guest gizmocat

Hi Noboru,Take a look over at Hovercontrol.com. If they can't teach you how to fly, nobody can.

Guest eriknjones

Lokking for Information regarding 3rd party developers for the upcoming FSX, specifically using the "included SDK that is to be released along with the Deluxe edition of FSX.Does anyone know if there will be anyone interested in developing a moving platform (specifically military cruisers, destroyers and other naval and Coast Guard miitary vessels) that will alow for the landing of rotorcraft.AlSO, would anyone be interested in developing a MEDEVAC mission(s) utilizing US Army HH-60 Blackhawks in a "Theater of Conflict", namely Iraq and Afgahanistan?