Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

2 engine AP controls 4 engine aicraft. Possible?

Hi, i was wondering if it was possible that a 2 engine panel can handle a 4 engine aircraft? If you manage it manual with your throttle lever on you joystick that would be no problem at all. But when you let the Autopilot/Autothrottle handle the engines, it only controls engine 1 and 2, meaning that the other side engines does not respond to the autopilot. Is there a way to solve this?

Guest Van

Your problem may be due to the actual throttle gauge on your panel. If there is a 2 engine throttle gauge (quadrant) that is tied into the autopilot-autothrottle, than it may only manage those two throttles. Maybe by substituting for a 4 engine throttle stack such as the MS default744 or something similar will do the trick. I myself have never tried this, but in theory it may work. Kindest Regards,Van Lhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Is there a program so I can see/edit a gauge file?

Is there a way to "sample" 2 engines to 1 engine? Something like this :engine 1 + 2 ----> Engine 1Engine 2 + 3 ----> Engine 2Is this is possible, it would save me messing with gauges :)

Guest Van

There is a program called gaubmp2[1].zip available from Simviation.com. The program allows you to open and see most gauges and you can extract the gauge bmps for editing etc, but I don't believe you can change the gauges function itself. As far as sampling the engines as you have described, I've never seen the type of string. It is in the aircraft cfg and .air file that you establish the number of engines ie: [GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= -14.917, -69.500, 0.000Engine.1= 14.917, -39.167, -7.000Engine.2= 14.917, 39.167, -7.000Engine.3= -14.917, 69.500, 0.000fuel_flow_scalar= 0.9676The sample above is how you determine the number of engines in the aircraft cfg and you had said that using the throttles manually worked ok, so this tells me that it is definately a gauge problem. The panel cfg is used to layout the gauges on the panel bmp and there is no way to edit the problem within it, but it is in the panel cfg that you can add and remove any gauge you wish.Regards,Vanhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]