Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crash_Hawk

Dauphin Multiplayer

Guest Crash_Hawk

Hey all,On Saturday 3 Aug 02 I plan on opening a Multiplayer session for virtual helo pilots in general and AS 365 pilots specifically. The flight is a planned route from Humberside Airport in SE U.K. to the Glomar Adriatic V in the North Sea. Rest assured that there will be ample parking as the GA is surrounded by both the Amethyst Field and the West Sole Field. The session is not limited to Dauphin pilots alone. Any helo is acceptable but be aware that at alt I usually set a 130kt cruise. Hard to keep up in a 206. That being said. . . Here is the list of sceneries that are required in order to have a place to alight (land for some of you seized-wingers):1. Glomar Adriatic V (duh)2. Amethyst Field Rigs3. West Sole Field Rigs.Not required but nice to have:1. Humberside AirportThe session will be posted on the zone at 2015Z on Saturday 3 Aug 02. For those of you on the west coast of the U.S. that's 1100. From 2015 to 2045-ish it will be a question and answer period to answer any questions (if I can) about the aircraft and or the route. Engine crank at 2045-ish (If not already tooling around). Mov't to the active 2055Z and Take-off scheduled at 5 sec intervals begins at 2100Z.I'll post the route tomorrow on this thread.We'll have a good time and I hope to see you there.Crash

Guest Airprox

Hi Crash,Cool idea, and for once I was tempted to go online and fly with you, unfortunately I'm working nights, and won't be able to join you. I thought I'd drop you a line anyway, just to let you know that Steve Chase has released some updates of his Rig scenery, at the momeent just the three you mentioned, they are over at Flightsim.com and they solve the problem of deck drop through, plus they are now visible on the FS map.By the way, the flight you chose... it is very similar to what Vertigo VA fly, have you thought about joining? We could do with more pilots! I don't want to get accused of 'spamming' the VA, so, if you've got Steve's scenery, the web address is in the readme.Enjoy your flight!Alun

Guest Lindy

I would love to join the flight but I'm still struggling to fly the choppers. It's getting better, but I can't put in as much practice time as I really need. Plus chances are good I'll be working hard Saturday. So I guess I'll have to skip this one.But I hope you get lots of "takers" and have a great time. Maybe when the next MP chopper flight is ready, I'll be able to join it too.(I DO have the Dauphin, but don't even have it installed yet... much less learned how to fly it. :-lol ) -Lindy :-rotor :-wave

Guest Crash_Hawk

That's too bad guys. I looking forward to flying with you all. Well, we'll plan another one I guess? Let me know.Crash

Guest Airprox

Crash,How does flying online at 'zone' work? I've never actualy flown online before, I understand about VATSIM (I think?) and the need for Squakbox, what would I need for 'zone'? I may be available early next week, if I can figure it out.AlunPS Have you programmed the waypoint.txt with the platforms, if not I'll send you my copy (pretty much all the platforms off the UK coast)?

Guest Crash_Hawk

Hey, Send it buddy!! I need to find the .dll for the GPS thingy to work though. There are a few ways to fly online. The ways I'm familiar with are the Zone (which I don't like) and flying direct via ip address. You can also talk if you download Roger Wilco (Free @ www.rogerwilco.com). crash (crescent_aviation@hotmail.com)

Guest Airprox

I'll send it when I get home tonight along with the .dll.Alun

Hi Crash...I will try to join of course. been a while since I hovered lately though. addicted to ILS auto lands with 747 nowadays instead...I show up, with default jetranger or with Dauphin, if I can get it work.I use MS prec. pro joystick. I've read that I need specifik .cfg settings for joysticks assignments for the dauphin and this joystick, is this true? Could you or someelse perhaps point me in the direction of this settings, would be very kindly! I will of course also search this forum as well as flightsim's forum, where most of the info has been posted, great help from Tailboom there..!I would also recommend a genuine IP game instead of the zone launch, it tends to bug from time to time. Me and my friends usually post the game and info at the zone, but includ the IP address in the info, and run IP game anyway, just use the zone for the information so to speak!//Leif "Still_Hovering" Almberg

Crash,I would love to join, and most likely will be able to do so. I will either get the Dauphin up and running or come in something else. Could you let me know where to download the scenery you mention....didn't find it here at AVSIM?!Glad to see someone organizing a Multi-Player session....I love 'em. I think using an IP instead of the zone might be a good idea....and Roger Wilco is a MUST when flying a heli....heh heh. MP is just not near as much fun without RW, don't you think?!I haven't posted here in a long time, but I "lurk" here a lot....I asked about the possiblity of a heli with an autopilot months ago, and the response was not too favorable at that time....glad to see we are there, and that folks will initiate a MP session!! Thank You! for doing so.Most of the time the AVSIM server allows us to use an IP for Roger Wilco so that folks could just go there at a set time and begin talking and get the IP address for the MP session. Sorry, I don't have that IP right this minute, but you may already know about it....it's been mentioned on this forum in the past. I'll get it and post it by tomorrow if I don't see someone else posting it here....that is if you want to do it this way...it's up to you, the host. Let me know.Thanks Again, and I look forward to a fun flight together!LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest Crash_Hawk

Leif,Well, now you can auto-land with the Dauphin. I have a MS prec. pro 2 stick and yes the settings for collective in the Dauphin.cfg are case sensitive. Try >SLIDER0< first. Caps and everything. If you are there on Sat. and are still haveing problems we can see about troubleshooting.See you there.Crash

Guest Crash_Hawk

The scenery can be found at . . . the other place. Look for Amethyst Field, West Sole Field and Glomar Adriatic VI. Look here for Oil Rig(s). I will not fly in MP if RW is not being used. And yes with a helo RW is a must. It's really hard to type and maintain a stable hover. LOL See you there.CrashBe sure to check out my textures for the Dauphin here.Crash

>The scenery can be found at . . . the other place. Look for >Amethyst Field, West Sole Field and Glomar Adriatic VI. >Look here for Oil Rig(s). >>I will not fly in MP if RW is not being used. And yes with >a helo RW is a must. It's really hard to type and maintain >a stable hover. LOL >>See you there. >>Crash >>Be sure to check out my textures for the Dauphin here. >Crash Hey Crash,Thanks for the info...got stuff from here, I think, but can never get in at "the other site" (I'm assuming it is flightsim.com?)....I've tried over and over today....will keep trying and hope to have the scenery installed by Sats. MP session.You didn't mention the AVSIM IP I was refering to as a possible "meeting" place on RW to get the session started, so, I'll go ahead and relay it here: "205.252.89.41/chopper" Of course the "chopper" part is my addition to give us a seperate room....we can call it whatever you wish. This server seems available MOST of the time, but not always...a backup would be the zone, or simply a post in this forum on Sat giving an IP address for folks to meet at, should the AVSIM server be down. Just a suggestion. I'll be looking for instructions on where to go for connection. Thanks again!!LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest Crash_Hawk

Hey guys,Here is the route for Sat (today). T/O Humberside and fly direct OTR VOR/DME 113.9Intercept the 086 radial outbound 44.8NMLand Glomar Adiratic, Amethyst, West Sole.RTN same route in reverse

Guest Crash_Hawk

If you are planning on joining, we are delayed 1 hour.Crash

Hey Crash,Sorry I missed the session....I was flying with some other folks and stopped to come over to the zone and check for info....couldn't find anything that looked like what I should see for the session...figured I was doing something wrong...didn't think to check the forum here...went back to flying elswwhere. I've never have been able to get into flightsim.com anyway (tried a LOT of times) to get the scenery, so wouldn't have been much fun just flying over and looking at water anyway. Try one again soon over land and maybe at some airports with helipads, if you will...or use secenery available here at AVSIM (eg, helipads at Chicago, etc.)It still might be good to just post to this forum, at the time of the session, what IP to meet at. Hope you had a crowd...would love to have been there. Please try it again when you can.Been working trying to get that Dauphin operational in the sim....tough....I have to admit, I would prefer a "turnkey" operation so that it wouldn't take so much effort and brains (I'm lacking in that department) just to get the aircraft set up where it can be used in the sim. Oh well, not a complaint....it's great to have access to such a fantastic chopper...the good things are worth working for, I reckon.Good Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com