Sign in to follow this  

Please.......just a little help on the Dauphin

Howdy all....First and foremost: Awesome Dauphin!!!!!Second: I have an issue with the controls. Mine is with the Yaw: It does'nt work! I've editd the dauphin.cfg to allow my collective to work, but my yaw just does'nt want to cooperate....even though it is properly taged:yaw=1,Z;I use a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold USB. With this problem comes the autopilots incapability to controll the yaw (I presume), so when its time to hover, the engine torque takes over......Any Ideas?Here's another question! What does the following do?:-force_trim_release -toggle_coupler Thanks alot everyone!!Max(CYUL)

I have the same joystick but am using pedals - have you tried rZ?If that doesn't work and no one else can help, I could try to reconfigure my system to try to figure it out. It would be worth the effort to get someone else flying this incredible aircraft.The "force trim release" couldn't be more descriptive. It releases the current attitude trim (while the button is depressed)so that you can hand fly the aircraft to a new desired trim attitude. When you release the button it goes back into the hold trim configuration. The manual says that it only works when the ASE is selected and the flight director is not engaged.Toggle coupler - couples/decouples the the flight director.There are a couple of things to remember - if you change the cfg file you must reload the aircraft for the changes to take effect and you must hit Shift-2 to get the changes and the controllers to work.Most everything is in the manual - it may not be real clear but you need to read it a couple of times and make sure you understand what you are reading.Hope some of this helps.David

Hi David,Thanks a lot for you're excellent response! Although i'm affrayed that trying yaw=1,rZ; did not cure the problem. Thanks for you're help, though....it is very appreceated.

Max,I disabled my pedals and changed the cfg file so that only the Saitek joystick was enabled. I am sorry to report that I had the same problems that you have - I could not get the yaw axis to work - seems like I tried everything.I'm not sure what you should do next because I doubt that even the developer would know the settings for all the different joysticks and controllers, but I would drop him an E-Mail and see if he has any ideas. Also, I would see if Saitek can help.As a last resort you can always go buy a set of CH Pro Pedals. They really work quite well and are almost a necessity if you are serious about flying helos.Will be interested to see what the correct setting is, if and when you get if figured out. Seems like a lot of people are having similar problems but up until now I thought collective was the big problem.David

Guest Lindy

I ALSO use a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB Gold stick w/pedals. I've got the Dauphin installed but haven't yet gotten around to trying to get the joystick set up and now maybe I won't bother taking the time...... at least not for a while. I work at home and already all my chopper flying practice, bush flying, and general FS2K2 use is costing me money!! I'm spending time playing instead of working! LOL But I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I hear of any solution, I'll be sure to post it -- (or if either of you figures it out, please post it.)-Lindy :-wave

Guest Airprox

Hello all,Sorry to here you are having trouble with Antti's excellent heli. Have you tried installing the updated .gau file, this seemed to solve a lot of peoples problems with controllers. Scroll down the thread topics, I think it's on page 2, and you'll find a thread called 'Dauphin help page' or similar, hit the link found therein, and you should find the new .gau file and other items that might help.Good luckAlun

Guest Lindy

Thanks, Alun....I'll go check that out.I thought I'd mention that just this weekend, I tried the Bell 222 that was recently released. Very nice helo......extremely easy to lift off and can really climb. Can't get too used to that though..... need to master my Hughes500D first, then I can relax and enjoy the bigger, easier to fly choppers. ;-)-Lindy :-rotor in training

Guest Lindy

... get your stick to work? I presume you are trying to use the twist function for the yaw axis. This is a pretty cool chopper. I just took my first flight in it myself. I use the same stick you and David do, but like David I have a set of pedals and didn't have too much trouble setting up the controller. Treat yourself and buy a set of pedals... this beast deserves them. The developer and whoever helped went to a lot of trouble to give us as accurate a helicopter as possible. You should fly it with pedals.(Just my opinion, of course.) ;-) Now to figure out the rest of this stuff! -Lindy :-rotor :-newbie