Sign in to follow this  

New Helos coming down the pipe...

I can't give any major details as of yet... but soonHere is what is being worked on -Bell/Textron 430, 407, 690 ( Bell/Agusta )EC 135, 145 BK117and a few others - all with VCs, perhaps even APs - note they are still several months out - But I went ahead and paid for the rest of my rotary-wing ticket just so I could better test them out - Note there will be NO 206 Airfiles here - the group has decided if we cant get the dynamics right - then we will not bother - Eye candy is nice - but if it flies like crud - why bother... right?Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest Lindy

It sounds as if I better start improving my helo flying skills (or lack thereof.) I'm starting to wonder if I'm really cut out to be a chopper pilot. But Rome wasn't built in a day, right? At least I can lift off successfully (about 90 percent of the time). The actual flying is no big problem. But landing......oh my goodness.. :-roll -- I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. 95 percent of the time I end up with the nose in the dirt, or the chopper on its side. And forget about landing on a specific spot -- I'm just happy to get the thing on the ground!!Good thing these new helicopters are months away yet -- it'll take me that long to get my virtual ticket. :-lol -Lindy :-rotor wannabe(Yes, I AM using HoverSafe's lessons.... but also practicing on my own with different choppers.)

Lindy rule #1Do what you want the HELO to DO - 1 sec before you need it to be donein other words - dont wait to exit a bank or turn - start the process a bit early - otherwsie you are constantly overcorrecting.Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest Airprox

Richard,Are these going to be GMAX aircraft? And are they all a few months out, or will some be released sooner (when there finished, of course)?Alun

they ARE GMAX craft and are in the design process - trying to get maximum realism, with minimum polys - dont want to kill you guys - but also we have a design ideal of - do it RIGHT or don't do it at all - wellI am just a consultant and Chief Beta testerbut I lend 10 years of fixed and now some ( soon much more ) rotary wing flying to the simming community.Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

WOW! I can't express my excitment in words over what little information you have just divulged about these projects! A 407 & 430...GMAX!!! WOOHOO!!/me Mumbles to self, "Can't wait...can't wait..." *Drools some* and *chuckles crazily*

if you looked on anitti's page you could see his new project EC-130 and EC-155! WAWHERE'S A PIC:

I think one of the best things about Anitti's helo is that it's got alot of detail, and is still good on the frame rates! I know I'm looking forward to those other Eurocopter helos!As for the Bells, looking forward to them too!!! It all sounds wonderful!!!

Guest Airprox

WOWAll these GMAX helis coming out... someone out there must like us! Now if we could just get Helicopter AI sorted out, we'd really be laughing.Alun

Guest Airprox

This should workwww.hut.fi/~apankkon/TaaDaaahCheersAlun

Oh well, doesn't work anymore. Any update on the rest of the helos listed at the top?

Who is it that is working on these? Can we please see some development shots to back up the words, to make it more believable?Jim Enfout

Jim.... You have to understand I said they are "In the Pipe" didn't give any completion date....Also we have added an AH-64 into the stack.... as the GMAX skills are getting a bit better....1. things are going slowly and helos are by no means the ONLY things being worked on....2. And to quote several other groups - you see pics when you see pics - http://www.psd.avsim.net/images/sigs/rgsig.jpg