Sign in to follow this  

Airport 2k2 included aircraft

Hey, i got Wilco's airport 2002 today, and i am very impressed with the scenery, but amhighly disapointed with the pile of crap they decided to call a 737!! i get awful framerates, bad animation, the VC is dreadful, the whole concept and idea is there, unfortunately, it was not put to use. Sorry if this offends anyone in particualr, but, after using for literally 5 minutes, i hate the aircraft.Any one agree?Aled, Wales, UK

Guest sidewinder

I too am impressed with the scenery, but the AC sucks!I get 3.6 FPS in VC for some reason! Compared to around 17 + with other AC. Who else gets such low fps in VC?

VC works as normal for me. i rather liked it after playing with it for a while. the only negative for me was the lack of SIDS / STARS.

i got 2.4 using it with the included LFPG scenery, lol, that really does suck, and i was getting up to 16/17 with the default aircraft, and 14/15 with things like the C421 golden eagle and PSSa320Aled, Wales, UK

I just loaded a2k2 and after 10 min, I'm trying to find somebody to buy it back. I'm shellshocked!:-fume Yes my frame rates nosed dived to about 4-5fps. After starting out w/ the enclosed 737 i dumped that immediately in favor of a yeodesign. As for fsnat- somebody please tell me where the fsnat FAQ is located. I have the fsnat manual but no FAQ! I just what to have the docking system "come to papa." And I guess while I'm on this box, only the right front pax door opens on the 737? The cago bay hatch only opens to about the height of your neck. Whats that all about! I truly hate to b**** about this because I admire any and all people who make these products both free/payware. I could not do it and remain sane, anyway, this piece of work is "hurting real bad.":~P

Have any of you gotten it to work with Windows ME? I just installed, now every time I try to set up a flight from any of the enhanced airports, FS2k2 bombs with a low memory error. I have 512 mgs of memory! Now I just saw a note in the FAQ at Wilco's site saying that Windows 98 and ME are having memory management conflicts with it. No word of course on when they will have this fixed.

Guest brewmaster

I agree its total garbage. Shame on Wilco for releasing junk like this. Anyone read the manual for FSNAT? Is it supposed to be comprehensible? I have yet to hear of anyone getting FSNAT to work. So much for the potential nice leap forward in scenrey design and VC's. Thats my two cents. Brewmaster

Guest Terblanche

From my previous mail on AVSIM ...I

Tatally agree - if You have the Simflyers sceneries, UK 2000 and German Airports, Airport 2K2 is a waste of money.John

I have just acquired WILCO's Airport 2002, and what a massive dissapointment this is. To add to what Terblanche has said, I had a look at the aircraft itself, since this is in my humble opinion, my speciality. My first impression of the B737-700 is its overall inaccuracy, starting with the fin profile to the cockpit window frames and then the engine pods that look like hollowed out eggs.The door which opens is on the wrong side for passenger operation, nad when one has a closer look, daylight is visible on the other side. The flap operation is hideous, and the spoiler configuration unconvincing The undercarriage retracts faar too far, and the landing lights floats ahead of the leading edge of the wing. When viewing the aircraft in night view then there is a split in the rear fuselage, and when flying there are no pilots in the cockpit...I can go on....So if this is the quaility of the aircraft, what else can one expect...no 2D cockpit, and a very irritating VC...Yes it has some novell features, but the visual appearance is to put it mildly...crap! I cannot enjoy my flying with such a inaccurate cockpit. Just compare this with the wonderful VC supplied free with the POSKY CRJWell WILCO cannot even make up their mind as to which aircraft you are getting. THe front of the package in fact denotes the aircraft as a model 400! Well if it starts off like this, no wonder you get such a misformed and imnaccarate aircraft!The Airport program cost me a whopping 63 Euro, (delivery by slow courier --10 days from Belgium to my country !!!!) which is much more than I paid for FS2002PRO...for what I got, I was utterly dissappointed....My total time of usage of this software was the 5 minutes I looked at the aircraft and the airport concerned. I then removed it from my system and consider it good riddance.....If you have an eye for accurate aircraft and panels, avoid this software....After the disappointment I experienced with the LAGO Twin Otter, which is equally inaccurate (but not to the same degree as the 737-700 from WILCO) I am disgusted with the payware situation where it seems many pallukas are accomodated who are out to make a quick buck with essentially amateur standard designs.

Guest Lenny Zaman

I would reaalllyyyyyyyy like to remind you the product is called !!!!AIRPORT!!!! 2002vol.1and NO "BOEING 737-700 PIC" so STOP WHINING ABOUT THE AIRCRAFT!!!!!now for the Airports, i too have been having serious trouble, still am. But i'm sure Wilco will adress problems as they arise, and i'm quite certain they'll release some specific tutorials for specific things.You people make me SICK, all you do is say "when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, when is it gonna be released, " and afterwards you come complaining about stuff the package is not really about!!!I agree, there is alot of work to be done, and this is mainly due to their concetration on the FSNAT on its own and NOT on the implementation into the airports, you are 100% right in that.OVerall product quality is decreasing but why? due to the freaking dumb customers demanding it to be ready on 1,2,3...!!If you look at the real PIC-team, now known as WELP they'll be on their project for quite a while, and ain't no person on 767PIC forum really nagging about when it's due release. well, to conclude i must say i too am a bit dissappointed to some lack of detail in the sceneries. but i'm glad to have it, and i wont complain as long as they do not say they're not gonna adress items...Have nice night children....(this is not a personal attack to anyone it's a general point of notice, and i'm sorry but i've had it up to here with that disgusting behaviour)night!

i agree with Lenny, people are being abit to harsh on Wilco regarding the airplane, it is a airport software not a plane software, i thing we will have to leave our analysis on the airplane to PICA320, if it ever comes out...

Guest Terblanche

LennyYou are really missing the point here ... I (for one) did not nag for the release of anything. I'm talking about the product as it has arrived at my house. I did not pay 63 Euro for a Beta - or something that looks like an AI aircraft with all the errors someone else's mentioned. I do not want to complain on forums because what the manual says - does not work like FSNAT.This is the place to write our concerns, to ask advice and to warn other people not to fall into the same trap because I don't know about you but where I come from; some people do not even earn 63 Euros a month! Sure it's my luxury and I can afford it but not to have it next to my PC because it is simply not good enough for FS2002!If anything in this conversation is 'disgusting' it should be pointed to Wilco because customers are always right ... accept if you are a programmer of career.Fly safe!Terblanche

Guest Lenny Zaman

you are slightly rightbut what i think now!: i havce finally managed to get the stairs and the gate to move, and even to get the vehicules around me.(in the KLAX example) so i think after all we'll have to get to know this software before we can actually use it to it's fullest advantageit's like putting a teenager in a 777 and saying take off, he won't be able to at first but after a few weeks of extensive testing(and learning) he'll get it.

Guest CharlesH

Can you tell me know you got the stairs and vehicles to move? Can you provide me some insight into how to were able to take full advantage of the scenery at LAX? I would most appreciate your assistance.Charles