Sign in to follow this  

FS2000 Helicopters

Does ANYBODY fly choppers in FS 2000 other than me? I've downloaded the Allouette II and III and also am flying the 206. I learned a lot from Hoversafe and I'm enjoying the rotary wings immensly! so much in fact,that I almost forgot how to fly the fixed wing aircraft!If I'm the only one to fly in FS 2000 I guess I'll have to try and get 2k2. Ralph B.

Robert, Yes,very carefully with MINUTE inputs.you can go the length of the runway and back if you take your time and disable dynamic aircraft. Ralph B

...Silly question, but why would you want to fly heli in FS2000, when most FS2000 a/c fly just fine in FS2k?

Guest Lindy

After re-reading the original post, he doesn't have FS2K2 which is why he is flying in FS2K. Seems a good enough reason to me. :-)But he really should pick up FS2K2. Since he likes to fly helos so much, I'm sure he'd LOVE the new Dauphin!!-Lindy :-rotor in training

Because I don't have $60.00 to buy 2k2 or a new computer to fly it----yet! Ralph B.

I'm flying on a Celeron 500. Of course, it doesn't look as pretty as if it was running on a new $3000 system. Nevertheless, it's always a pain to have to shell out $60 for yet another sim. Maybe it'll be in the discount shelves in a few months (around or after Christmas?).

Fair Comment!(BTW, FS2002 runs just fine on a PII 350!)

Peter,I'm flying on a Dell 266 with a 2mb ATI rage pro.I've been flying choppers in FS 2000 exclusively now for a couple of weeks.I AM getting better! mostly I fly either the Bell 206 or The M.A.S.H. helo I got from Simviation.also have an R22 aand afew others that I take turns in.eventually I'll get FS2002 I suppose.Looks like I can also use the FS 98 helos in FS 2000 thats good I like a variety until I decide which I like best.I am having FUN! Ralph B.