Sign in to follow this  

MULTIPLAYER Sessions - SURVEY- How many want them????

Back in April, I hosted a Multiplayer (MP) session for this forum. The turnout was not so hot. Of late, there has been a little talk and an attempt by our fellow rotorhead, Crash, about folks getting together and having some MP sessions. I think Crash may be attempting another session this weekend....he will probably be posting info on this soon.If you haven't gotten into the Multiplayer thing yet, you're missing a real treat!! It's really EASY to do and doesn't take that great a connection or a fast computer (I have a modem connection at about 26400bps and a friend I fly with has a 300mhz computer). You make good friends from all over the world and have a blast at the same time!IF....IF there is interest in this, I'm no pro at anything, but I will be glad to start hosting and giving any needed instructions and help to those trying to get started in MP sessions. I fly MP, in props, with others regularly, like many of you....but the heli's are just a load of fun to fly!I will be glad to set up a time, for any folks new to and interested in MP sessions, to connect with Roger Wilco and therefore be able to answer any questions, and guide anyone that needs the help on how to connect from there. Believe me, it's very EASY!If you will get Roger Wilco (RW) (one place to download is at www.flightsimonline.com) so that everyone can literally TALK to each other (That would be the first thing to do, get it and install it...it is user friendly and works! This is a not a luxury in this case....it is a necessity!!!!), we can start having some fun planned AND unplanned MP sessions together....just hop around on the pads that are available for download around Chicago, go to offshore rigs off UK, fly the helicopter training obstacle course near Fort Rucker, Al and lots of other neat stuff.Let me explain the "unplanned" sessions. AVSIM is kind enough to supply an IP address available 24/7 for our use free of charge. It is 205.252.89.41. Now, WE can set a "private" room for us to go to with Roger Wilco at any time, day or nite, to see if some lonely rotorhead is out there wanting someone to fly with. We simply add a "/" and a word like "chopper" to get that "private" room. It would be THIS address: 205.252.89.41/chopper Simple, huh? We can use this address to connect with each other in RW for both planned and unplanned sessions.BUT FIRST!! Let's find out if all this is something folks want...leave your answer in the little suggestion box on the wall....that is, right HERE. If some are interested, I'll get things started in short order and we'll be flying together in no time. Believe me, if you ever try a good MP session with good folks who love simmin' and heli's....you'll want MORE. Give it a try, and I'll prove it to ya! heh hehLeave a vote...let's get started! It's hard to beat the price of this offer to help you get connected!Lobo :)Good Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest Crash_Hawk

Hi all,Like Lo Bo said, this Saturday around 21.00 (9.00pm) GMT I will kick off a multiplayer session. All the pertinant information will be displayed on the Zone around 20.15 (8.15pm). Look for crash_hawk. It will be from Humberside to a set of oil-fields off-shore. The helo to use will be, but by no means is limited to the AS365N Dauphin. If you would like to use something other then the Dauphin that is fine, the flight route is not long. (45-50 miles.) The oil field rigs that are required are the Amethyst Field rigs, the West Sole Field rigs, and the Glomar Adriatic V. Amethyst and West Sole have been uploaded here (Thanks Alun) the Glomar I think is only available at Flightsim.com. If you can't get the GA no prob, the other two offer plenty of spots to alight. Humberside Int'l also has scenery so if you want to get it also then by all means do so. Again the flight route is posted on the Dauphin Multiplayer thread in the Rotorhead forum. I'd like to see some folks out there so come on out and fire up the puter and I'll see you there.Crash.

Guest Airprox

Crash,How's it going? First of all, I'm afraid it wasn't me who uploaded Steve Chases oil rigs to this site (I uploaded my own ones), but thanks anyway! :-smile12 Any way I might (and I stress might!) be able to join you this time, I'll have to see what happens on Saturday.Lo Bo,Chalk me up with one vote for multiplayer sessions. I went on VATSIM the other day (it' what my VA uses) for the first time, and for those of you who've never flown online, try it, it's not as complicated as I originally thought, and WOW!... really is "as real as it gets". Very impressed, just a case of finding the time!CheersAlun

Alun,First, THANK YOU for the your off-shore rigs! They are great! I love them about dusk, especially!!Your vote is counted for the MP sessions...we'll probably try to have some on occasional weeknights. This sorta leaves those accross the big pond out, unless they work on a different clock, but gives US in the US (heh heh) some time to enjoy until our fellow rotorheads over there are avaiable on weekends.I tried to get to VATSIM a month or so ago...read and thought I followed instructions....never got it to work. I would love some help and guidance from you on that. Maybe we can get on RW soon and you could coach me some, if you're willing. We could take a short VFR flight together in VATSIM for starters?Thanks! LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Crash,I'm sorry, but I don't find any of these files uploaded to AVSIM....sure wish they were, 'cause I just am NOT able to get into flightsim.com. I've registered there 3 different times to see if I did something wrong....it's ALWAYS busy, even when I try over and over. Frustrating. I DO have Alun's rigs which I downloaded from here. Maybe we could take some of the time this Sat to fly to those as well. I'll try to join up and fly over the water with you, but obviously won't be able to land.If I'm missing the files here at AVSIM, could you give me more specifics on where to find them in the library? If not, maybe we could ask Steve Chase if he, or someone, could upload them here to make them more accessible.Also, I LOVE the Islandic Geographical Survey paint job...I think it's my favorite for the Dauphin so far....Thanks!! for the work!!See Ya! LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest Airprox

Lobo,I'd love to be able to help you first hand, but that was my fist (and so far only) attempt at using VATSIM, in fact, at flying online. So I'm probably not the best person to speak to! However, I basically followed instructions issued by the VA I fly for, so if you go their website www.airwegogroup.co.uk , go to Operations-Crewroom-Helpdesk-Getting Online, that should help you out. I did have a couple of hicups along the way, but with the RW and Squawkbox readme's, I got there! Maybe Crash could post a basic how to to help all us "Newbies" out.I notice for standard multiplayers, you don't mention Squawkbox, does this mean that you don't have ATC, if so it would probably be a bit more relaxed, and suited to this cause, as there wouldn't be a controller breathing down our necks. (BTW, I'm one in real life, so I know how they can be!!!).One last note, I'M in the UK! I just happen to work shifts, so I end up online at all sorts of wierd hours.Glad your enjoying the rigs, I'm learning GMAX at the moment, so there will be short delay 'till I get to work on the new ones.CheersAlun

Alun,Thanks for the info....I will check out the site. You're correct in that with MP sessions we use only RW....there is no ATC...it's just us all to ourselves able to be as "by the book" or as relaxed as we all decide to. Ususally MP sessions are quite relaxed and fun....that's why I use a sim...for FUN. I learn a lot about the real aviation world, of course, but eventually ya gotta have fun! Heh Heh.I think I'll put a post on the forum as a main topic that just sets the AVSIM IP address above (205.252.89.41/chopper) as a place to meet for folks in this forum. That way, when we come online, any of us at the forum can connect with RW and talk/fly/etc. I find this IP is available MOST of the time....it's like any server stuff...it is down sometimes for awhile.Hope the "delay" is not too long for more rigs, or other scenery from you.....you really do a great job. I know folks appreciate, even if they don't take the time to say so!See Ya! LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest Airprox

Lobo,Just remembered, alternative location for Steve Chase's Oil/Gas Rigs... Go to the AirWeGo site again ( www.airwegogroup.co.uk ), go to the Downloads page, scroll down, and you'll find all of steve's rigs, and I think his Humberside scenery is there as well!CheersAlun

Guest Airprox

Great minds think alike!!!