Sign in to follow this  

ATC Does Not Follow Flight Planner Route?

When I create a flight from the FS2K2 flight planner and then load it, it appears that ATC does not follow the route in the plan! Even though ATC may say "Resume own navigation" it usually pops back in a few minutes later and redirects me to another heading which is way off the plan. A few minutes later again, it pops back in and says, "turn heading ### and resume own navigation." If you don't follow ATC instructions, ATC says GOODBYE forever!!! Do others experience this also and are there any solutions?Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

ATC will vector you to something like 30 degrees towards your plan course when you get more than a specific distance off track. It will then vector you back on track as soon as you get within that margin again. If you have crosswind, you'll then immediately drift off again, and get vectored again, etc. etc..If you find yourself in this situation turn a degree or two more so you get closer to your intended track and ATC should leave you alone.I have also experienced sometime seemingly random vectors off my course and back again a minute later. I don't know where those come from, maybe ghost aircraft causing erroneous proximity warnings, I don't know.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I engage GPS and I would expect that I would follow the route exactly and yet ATC seems to butt in and direct me somewhere else.Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

This is a bug with ATC in FS2002. It has happened too me several times now. My IFR flight plan is completely in the opposite direction too what ATC instructs me to fly. I once followed ATC's directions to see if they would ever turn me back on course, but ended up ditching over the north Atlantic, when I wanted to fly to LAX. I think ATC gets mixed up if your first way point is too close to the departure airport. Who knows?And yes, if you try to turn back on course, ATC cancels IFR on you.Here is a fix when this intermittent ATC mix-up occurs. Follow ATC's directions and follow the heading they give you. If ATC doesn't turn you back on course, simply continue on until ATC hands you off to the next sector. Acknowledge the hand off, but don't ever contact the next sector. Now turn you aircraft back on course. Once you intercept the correct course, then contact ATC and you'll be fine. ATC will not cancel you IFR flight plan if you never contact the next sector..Has worked every time for me.... Cheers

>One thing I forgot to mention is that I engage GPS and I >would expect that I would follow the route exactly and yet >ATC seems to butt in and direct me somewhere else. >>Thanks! >Airbus I know exactly what you are saying. This same thing happens to more times than I care to mention. What is the point in making an IFR flight plan only to have ATC cancel it because you tried to follow "your" flight plan. This is crazy and one more reason I am beginning to hate this sim!

if you get Radar Contact 3 your ATC experince will be greatly enhanced . Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comBill Grabowski'sMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Is there any way to get ATC to talk to you and direct you into a pattern if you do not file a flight plan? That is, let's say fly to DFW on a whim and when I around 50 miles away from it, I would like the ATC to tell me what to do.

Where can I get Radar Contact 3?

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest RobA

Hi, Just click on my banner to go to the RC3 website! Feast your eyes on the new feature list. :-) You'll never regret it and also never want to go back to default MS ATC.Best regards, Rob

Thanks for the reply.Looks good .Anxiously awaiting 12/8.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.