Sign in to follow this  

FS2002.CFG syntax Needed for improved specs

Hi all dears guys,I know I've read somewhere, and some time ago, that somesmart commands in the FS2002.cfg could improve the wayFS2002 adds the textures during the sim.Indeed, I run a P4 2.4, 512 DDR 2700, mobo asus p4b533,GeForce 3 ti200 and SB live, and yet I feel the textures are much too slowly drawn during fast flts.So, is there any way to improve this, like adding or changing some lines in the FS2002.cdg?So many smart stuffs to be made in this file!...Another question about hardware: how FS does use the RAM of the video card?Would upgrade to a 128MB video card help? I'm very unsure about it,so I need wise men to help me.regards,Arnie.(by the way I want to thanks the guys that replied to my mayday'stwo weeks ago when I experienced Hard and Soft crashes with XP:the faulty element was some brand-less DDRam stick: has to replace it,now all is good, cheers again folds):-) :(

Arnie One of the best things for the blurry textures is to set your max frame rate on the Settings>Hardware tab to no more than 20% or so above your the max frame rate you are experiencing. Locking the FR's allows FS to focus more on scenery and other things without having to put all the cpu cycles towards trying to keep up with an extravagant frame rate setting. I will also tell you that when I flew the faster planes, I too did experience problems with lagging repaints. But flying mostly GA aircraft at 180 - 210, I dont have the problem. There was a really good thread about the fs2002.cfg and the texture radius's and what to set them for. Had a lot to do with improving aniso (distance clarity). A 128mb card will not really produce a huge gain in FR's (depending on what your coming from) but will allow you to increase detail slider settings. I went from a GeForce3 to a GeForce4 and gained a couple of frames but the biggest gain again was being able to increase the sliders. Hope this helpsBobG