Sign in to follow this  

In search of a Huey

Hello all, I've been searching high and low for a very well done Huey, but I seem to have missed "the cream of the crop".Where can I find one with a great VC, flight model and good looks/detail?Thanks a bunch

As far as I know there isn't one with a "great VC", the best VCs belong to the default bell and to the AS365 Dauphin. Jordan Moore has one of the best Hueys around, but he has no VC, there are a few remakes of it with a VC, but it isn't the quality you are looking for. Good luck in your search and keep us informed if anything shows up.Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks for the reply Michael.Well, so I'll wait for some more Huey's to come along. In the meantime, other than the new Dauphin and the Bell 47 by Jean-Marie Mermaz, are there any other spectacular Helo's that I have missed?Both of those mentioned are awe inspiring :)

I agree, both the bell and the Dauphin are above the bar as far as FS is concerned. There is a good bell 222b fron Al Devins that is fantastic on the outside, just don't like the VC (but thats my taste), other than those, there is an A109 Demo, the GMAX MD500, and an AS350 from FS2000 that I have modified some that I really enjoy. I know there is a bell 407 about to be released, looks very good. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes next! Good post!Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

with the loss of Keith's helipad i kinda lost my way to those things with the two sticks coming out the sides, someone said they call 'em airplanes? whatever. i like that someone might be bringing a helipad sort of site back... Hovercontrol.combut this is not an ad for them... Hueys...... i have been a fan of hueys for awhile as well. keep in mind that some of the better helos were made in 98 and 2k. Ian Standfast with his many models, Shlomo Hakim, Deane Baunton... and many others. when i was looking around for the best model to repaint for the VA i was (and still am) with i decided to go with the B212 from Baunton. this again does not have a VC but hey. there's my 2 cents...

How about the Huey in the chopper shop over at www.thelz.com. There are some nice looking helos over there. Anyone tried them out?Thaellarnew helo pilot

Yea, I looked, but I think they are payware helo's. I dont mind spending money, but...

Pretty much all of Dwight Booths choppers were at one time freeware, and you can still find them at simviation.comI wouldn't pay for them, I don't think that the quality is that good for me to give money for them.

Guest jordan

If I were you I would probably search flightsim.com for "Jordan Moore" and "Lynn Rogers" (together), his modifications on my base huey model are quite fantastic. No VC as of yet though.

I was looking the other day for the blackhawks, etc from Dwight over at Simviation (I needed a blackhawk texture file) and it seems they've been pulled from the site. As it is, I don't think they're good enough to be payware, as they tend to kill the framerates in FS2002. I've heard that he's coming out with an updated blackhawk, we'll just have to wait and see how good it is.

Dwight did pull this files from the main download sites. As someone that has about 12 of this military files I think they are more than worth it.You can get 4 files for $20, more than enough to find there for that price.Plus their panels are the best, I'm not even a helo fan but the detail is far too nice NOT to buy.http://community.webshots.com/album/49885313LRzdCx

Dwight has updated all of his helicopters (some fairly substantially) over what was available in the freeware release versions. I had all of his freeware versions, and now have many of his payware versions, and there is really no comparison, although you can sometimes see the derivations. The Hueys and Blackhawks, particularly, have been much improved. The price is reasonable, the detail is much better than (most of) the freeware offerings I have seen (even his), and the flight models are vastly superior to his previous ones. If you had the chance to download the (unauthorized) retexture and reupload of his original Blackhawk at Flightsim (before it was removed) recently you will know what I mean. There has been a spate of unauthorized releases of some of his early works recently, and, unfortunately, they do him a disservice by making people think that this is what his products are like. They are not.As a further note, I have not noticed a large drop in framerates in FS2002 with his products (over other helicopters), but that may just be me. They do have a good VC, and if you fly the VC in the Blackhawks, there is a VC/gauges pack upgrade that makes it even more impressive. (i know you asked about Hueys, and they have a good VC, too)$6.00 a helicopter, or (as posted before me) $20 for 4, $35 for 8, is not a bad deal for what you get. Many are unavailable from other sources (Captain Slug's Blackhawk notwithstanding), and others that have never been done (to my knowledge) are coming soon.Whew, that was a lot for post #1Brian