Sign in to follow this  

-Must have- active camera v1.0

Hello,Thats realy great active camera and helo-flying!!In the VC it turns helo-flying into live with head latencyon (first try 0.1 not more :) ) -and do not forget thepaperbag at your knees! Dauphin and active camera -realas its get-!regards, Hobbes

Guest Lindy

Well, darn it. I had installed Active Camera and didn't see where it did anything at all! Then I thought maybe it simply didn't work with the helicopters (I was in the default Bell at the time) -- so much for THAT theory! So how are you supposed to get it to work? what exactly should I expect to see? does it work while on the ground (it must, since you can allegedly do a "walk around" with it). Sorry but I couldn't get it to work. Any tips will be appreciated.-Lindy :-rotor (using a 3 button trackball)

Hey Lindy, hit ALT and go to the active camera section, hit configure, put latency at anywhere from 1-3, your preference. You have 2 VC modes now, interior and exterior. using the numberpad, in the interior mode you can move anywhere in the VC, including outside the cokpit while flying. In the exterior mode (interior has to be checked as well for this one to work, but not vice versa) you can move around your aircraft (helicopter) and even crouch and look away (still not perfect, I get some bleedthrough and some clipping on occasion), kinda like a first person view before you get in.the latency deal simulates the involuntary movement of your body and head while flying. The higher the # the more the movement. What I have tried that is great, is flying the Stearman and walking out on the wings, putting the Dauphin and Cheyenne from FSD on autopilot and walking back in the back and watching the scenery, doing high speed rolls in the Talon and Mirage from right outside the cockpit in a pilots perpsective (will make you airsick!). Landing in this mode feels very real. Hope this helps!regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Lindy

Well, I'll give it another try, Mike. Thanks for the tips.I thought (from the ReadMe) that after setting the latency and checking "Internal view" holding down the middle button and rolling the trackball would move me around, but it didn't. I didn't try the number pad.-Lindy :-wave