Sign in to follow this  
Guest Airprox

V22 Osprey

Guest Airprox

Hey all!Just downloaded the new V22 Osprey (GMAX) by Vlad Zhyhulskiy, and it looks great, but talk about learning to fly again! Anyway, I've just about got it to fly, but I'm having real problems getting it to hover. It will go into a hover, but slowly sinks, as for trying to climb a little in the hover, forget it.Sooo... has anyone else tried this beast? If so, can you get it to hover? How? Also, does anyone have "roll" control? in forward flight, I can turn with pedals (like the readme says) but no response from the ailerons (are there ailerons on the V22?...).There we go, tonights homework... get this thing flying!!!Have fun.

Guest Airprox

Hellllooooooo..... anyone out there? Hmmm... seems I must be the only one flying this thing...ah well...

Guest Lindy

I saw it in the Library. Looks awesome, but I wasn't planning to get it. I'm having enough trouble as it is with flying the helos (ANY helos) in FS2K2. Can get 'em off the ground okay, but can't land 'em in one piece to save my skin! :-eek :-lol Good luck with it though. :-beerchug-Lindy :-wave

Guest Airprox

Thanks for the encouragment Lindy!Well, for anyone who might be interested, this is what I've got so far:Once you've installed the aircraft, open the gauges folder and unzip the .zip file there to your main FS2002 GAUGES folder.Set up a flight and turn off the Autopilot, (the wing leveller is always on, this is what was preventing "roll" control, you still need to turn using the rudder, but at least you can bank whilst doing it now!).Follow the readme for flight instructions, I'm still working on the hover issue, and trying to find a way of adjusting the effect the "flaps" have, as there seems to be an incredible drop in speed when you move the "flaps" to the first increment.Well, thats all for now,see ya!

Another beatiful (but wrong) model from this talented designer.He makes such a good models (Mi6,Mi8) but he always mess things up with his "special" airfile.Also the rotor's diameter is too small (visualy),you can switch to full horizontal fly mode on the ground and the rotor won't hit the ground,in real life that is impossible,(unless the engin isnt running and the props set to the proper position,check out some real life photos and you will see what im talking about):http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/...mages/v2207.jpghttp://pma275.navair.navy.mil/images/galle...-22_FLT_119.jpgGot it,flew it,waiting for a better one,(i would try to replace the airfile with a modified harrier file,but i dont like the small rotor ,so just gave up on it,waiting for a better one).

Guest Airprox

Towman,I tend to agree, I was willing to accept the error on the Rotors, but I decided to have a play with the .air file, unfortunately, it's just too complicated. Unable to get a good hover, and enduranse/fuel sucked! (ditched after 1 hr flight). Also, have you tried it in wind? I don't know if it was my mods, but whenever there is wind, I find it impossible to maintain position on the groud, as if it is too light and gets blown around!Anyway, I think we might have to wait until FS2004, and hope that MS improve the capabilities of Helis/VTOL type aircraft.Alun

No ,i didnt try it in winds,i would test one of those harriers first,and replace the airfiles (keep contact points,views and lights from osprey,also make the apropriate changes in the engine,and weight section).