Sign in to follow this  

Fatal Error all of the sudden

Hey guys, I have picked up a fatal error from something, and I can't figure it out. It seems to happen at diffrent times of the flight, but I have not been able to complete any flight more than a hour today.The only things I have downloaded are FSUPIC 2.94, and a few new POSKY 747-400's. I have gone back to 2.93 and deleted the 747's back nothing seems to work.Here is a screen shot of it, any help would be greatly appreciated.Vollmeyhttp://home.swbell.net/vollmerd/error.jpg

Guest outtatimeiii

Those are very annoying. Those always popped up at the worst times too (mostly in landings). Although I knew exactly what it was, I couldn't do anything about it. The problem was with the Voodoo Banshee drivers in my other comp and FS2002 did NOT like them. And since 3DFX had died out, my driver selection was very very limited (there was Win9x drivers....or extremely beta Win2k drivers).Since I got a new computer and a new Radeon 7200, I dont have to worry about it anymore. You can try maybe reinstalling your Video card's drivers or remove all addons in FS2002 (including FSUIPC) and see if you can get it to error. If it does, try reinstalling FS2002.

Guest Toni Rauch

Are you using Windows XP?If so, try resetting your computer to a day/time before the fatal errors started using XP's System Restore utility. (Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore)Then, when FS is back to normal, reload your new add-ons one by one and test FS. That way, you'll know what software's likely to be causing the error.Hope that helps.Toni.

No, I am using Win 2000 Prof. I messed around last night some more. It seems to be happening with Active sky. I have been using Active sky because FSmeteo sometimes is hard to connect to.Vollmey

Hi,I got this message all the time after installing XP, obviously does'nt like something in my FS2002 folder. I could'nt hunt it down with a folder size of over 16 gigs, so now i run it in 98/ME compatability mode without the error anymore. The only drawback i get from this solution is that i don't get the Info come up on the Map Screen anymore when i click on something IE. It'll tell me the name but no frequencies etc.. But I can live with that, maybe's others cannot. Don't know if you can run Win2000 programs in other compatibilty modes!!Bests Shaun :)