Sign in to follow this  

A little survey, just for fun: Aircraft Flight Dynamics

Which freeware aircrft, in you're opinion, has the most accurate flight dynamics.......for FS2002.

Guest PhilipManwaring

I have to cast my vote for Charles Fox's superb 727 FDE (designed to work with the Richard Probst panel and Mike Stone 727). Milton's Dash-7 also seems very realistic from what I can tell.

Guest Van

Hi Max,It's really difficult to ask which freeware or payware aircraft for that matter has the most realistic FDE. Real world aircraft specs don't always mesh well in the MSFS simulated world. As a FDE designer myself, what I do is start with general specs and than tweak from there.I've never piloted an actual large jet myself as I'm sure most flight sim enthusiasts haven't either so I try to design an FDE that allows for good stabiltiy and performance, throughout all aspects of the flight. I recently created an all new FDE for my Ariane733 and 734 GMAX aircraft as the one supplied was very unstable. I had several people contact me wanting to try my FDE and one persons evaluation really helped as he was a real 733 driver. He told me that my FDE was excellent and the only thing missing is the body of the real airplane. Evaluations like that are very important to FDE designers, so they know they are going in the right direction.Kindest Regards,Van L.http://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest jcuellar

I give my vote to Yannicks Falcon 50, This aircraft seem to be the onlyone that flys by the numbers.I'm Operations Manager at a Fractional Ownership Program here in Monterrey, Mexico, we have two Citation Jets, but in the next door hangar is a Falcon 50 and the pilot is a friend of mine and also one of the pilots of my crew flew that Falcon 50 and he give it a test to Yannick's airplane he was amazed in the way it gave the performance.If you want to test it by the numbers I upload a few months ago to the Avsim File Library a complete checklist and table performance charts, just give it a try.... The file is called:da-50_checklist.zipBest RegardsJaime CuellarMonterrey, Mexico

I have always liked the POSKY 767's...they are fluid, steady and really feel like I imagine a heavy would handle....especially nice at rotation. Can't remember who did their FDE though. Nice job whoever you are.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest crashing_pilot

the dash 7 by milton shupe and his team:ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!Tom van der ElstUhhhh.....well i've got no fancy line to type down here....if you know one....let me know...maybe i'll look smarter then *:-*DASH 7 FOREVER! :-bla

tcreagh2RealAir's SF.260 is , for me, the best available.Ted

except it's not freeware...............Sure is a good one though, when it comes to simulating flight!!Since we're on the freeware subject, after many months, I again flew the default Baron with Steve Smalls air.file and some "real weather". It was actually fun in the VC mode with fps in the fluid 30's range. Seemed real enough to get a kick out of it................and that's what counts!L.Adamson

Guest jcuellar

Bump!I think this is an interest thread.RegardsJaime CuellarMonterrey, Mexico

The default Baron has some of the most accurate flight dynamics out of any plane out there, payware or freeware.

F-16 Fighting Falcon, more affectionately known as the Viper by F-16 pilots worldwide, and Lawndart to F-15 drivers. :) Its fast, is has no frame rate problems, it can deliver the goods on time and on target and the only aircraft to shoot down a helicopter, and the first to score a hit with an AMRAAM, and I got fly in one just before I got out of the USAF ....Oh you mean flight sim aircraft. Steve Small's .air file upgrade for the Baron, and the FSD Seneca V.