Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Configuring the HOTAS Cougar for helos

Guest SoarPics

Hi chopper fliers,I'm a complete newb when it comes to flying the helo's. I've visited Hovercontrol (great site), but didn't find anything to help me assign control functions to my Cougar.My rig includes a set of Thrustmaster Elites. I need to learn what axis within the sim to assign to the various helo controls. For my fixed wing configs, I naturally assign pitch and roll to the stick, and throttle to the Cougar throttle. I also assign pitch and rudder trim to their own rotaries on the Cougar throttle.Any help is appreciated... I'm making far too many smoking holes in the ground. :-lol Thanks,

Pics: The axis assignments are the same for a helicopter. It is just that many times you have to 'reverse' the throttle axis. Kaydub

My Cougar HOTAS has been sitting under my desk in the box for probably six or nine months. I found it too hard to fly the helos with that hardware due to the stiffness of both the joystick and the throttle.I really really wanted to like the Coug but... I'm back to my gameport CH stuff for now.Dave BlevinsP.S. if anyone is interested in my Cougar stuff, drop me an email. It works fine for fixed-wing flying.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest SoarPics

Hi Dave,I had considered buying your Cougar a few weeks ago (as I recall we live close together... I'm outside Sacramento), but couldn't find the post in the forums from several months ago where you had originally offered to sell it.You should post the sale here:http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/forumdi...p?s=&forumid=38There are alot of folks wanting to buy a Cougar. You should have little problem selling it. Don't wait too long though... TM will be delivering to numerous U.S. sellers a new shipment of Cougars within the next 1-3 weeks.Good luck,