Sign in to follow this  

Dauphin/joystick question..

Hi,I'm in the process of transferring all of my FS2K2 stuff from my old Dell (Win98) to my new Dell (XPS). What a difference, but I'll save that for another post! :) Here's the question: When I'm flying Anti's Aerospatial in the autopilot mode, I can't control the throttle. When I exit the autopilot, the bird stays stuck in a fixed throttle position that I didn't set. In other words, before I enter autopilot, I can control the throttle just fine (new joystick, MS FF2) but after, no good. This doesn't occur on the old Win98 system. Also, the throttle slider on the stick works just fine on all other aircraft, as far as I can tell so this seems unique to the Dauphin under the new system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ps. the aircraft version is 1.21Thanks,Mark

Guest LonelyplanetXO

You really need to read the readme Mark. Firstly, the joystick should be disabled before you start flying the heli. Hitting shift+2 brings up the autopilot panel and also initialises an entirely new controller config, which the autopilot needs to operate correctly.In the readme is info about setting up that new configuration file (called dauphin.cfg). Having read it thoroughly, try experimenting with the setup & config until you strike the combination which works for your joystick setup. Test each change by deselecting the copter, then reselecting it then test. If you go through all possible combinations and still can't get a satisfactory result, post here again & we'll cheerfully try to find a solution.happy auto-hoveringLonelyplanetXO

Hey Lonelyplanet,Thanks for the help but I probably wasn't clear on the description of the problem. All joystick functions work fine, including the throttle, UNTIL I hit shift 2 to bring up the pedestal. After doing this, with the joystick either enabled or disabled, the helo seems to go into an autothrottle? mode where the throttle slider becomes inoperative, never to return again! Also, the two small gages to the left both read 94, if that's any help. This doesn't occur on my Win98 system, I just tried it a few minutes ago. This is the exact same aircraft too! Hmmm...any ideas? The new system is XP, BTW.Thanks for your help,Mark

Guest Grey_Wolf

try renaming the throttle axi in the cfg on the new system, it sounds to me like XP reconises that axi diffrently than 98 did, and thats probably whats making the diffrence.